Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nononono... not talking about a combination of both ;-)

I just wondered if anyone knew whether flying or intercourse shortly after the 2WW (given a +ve test result) would pose a clear and present danger to the embies?

Thanks for input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Ente, hope I can help! I had a +ive result last Thurs (finally reached the end of the 2ww), I am going away nxt Tues and have been told that there are no risks with flying, the food abroad is more of a concern, have just been given a list as long as my arm of what not to eat! Its very early days so every day is critical! SEX Whats that!!!! I havent had it for ages mainly cause of the stomach cramps but again I have been told that it wont harm anything it just depends whether you feel like it xxxx Good luck on your 2ww

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Well cant say about flying but my doc told me no nookie until 12 weeks just to be safe.
Maybe he was just being cautious

love Kim x xx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nikaos, kimric - Thanks so much for your feedback. My clinic told me that neither flying nor having fun with my DH should be a problem. They asked to abstain for 3 days following the ET but that's it. Compare that to Kimric's 12 weeks and you know where my confusion comes from. I guess every clinic handles it differently.

The food advise is a good one, thanks. Think I'm going to avoid spicy dishes and just bring my prenatal vits with me.

If I get a -ve result, then the question is a rhethoric one. We'll see ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi evryone,

flying is OK in early pregnancy but not in the last few months due to risk of going into labour on the plane! Sex after ET is fine as long as you don't have a history of miscarriages.

Hope this helps.

Liz

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think every clinic and doctor have a different opinion.  I have been told if I get a bfp then flying is ok but no sex until after my 12 week scan!!!

Think its up to you.

Have a nice holiday

Love

Bev

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi Ente  I have been seeing a Chinese acupuncturist  whilst i have been going through the ivf and he has said "the Chinese have not medically proven that it does any harm but they always advise against until you are feeling well as in no nausea no feeling tired and no tummy cramps. Hope this helps!!  My clinic have said nothing! we have abstained for ages!!! ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts