Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, it has just dawned on me that I will have to be scanned tomorrow when we fly to Italy.

Will I be able to avoid being scanned or will they need proof of my pregnancy?

Thanks

Popsy

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Hi Popsy,

Just to say, I work at the airport (Heathrow) and we go through the same screening everyday as passengers. As far as I know, and have seen, any pregnant members of staff just go to the side for a hand search/frisk instead (which is all they do anyway if the scanner alarms as you walk through.)

If you have any doctors/consultants letters that say you're pregnant then it may just be worth taking those just in case.

Have a lovely holiday,

Luv Angie x

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thanks Angie - I've only had one appt with the midwife so far so might take a couple of the notes with me as proof just in case.

You're a star !!!

Popsy x x

·
Registered
275 Posts
Popsy,
I flew at 18 weeks, and was advised that the scanner is 100% safe, as it detects metal only, it is not an x-ray. You will be fine to go through it.
Enjoy Italy
Sue

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
In addition to Sue's post above, I think as staff at the airport, we don't go through it when pg as its everyday, as opposed to just once on hols.
They say it's totally fine, but I think it's different when they are talking about staff as it's repeated walks through it over many months.
You'll be fine hun, just mention you're pg when you get to security, they wont make you do anything that poses any risk.

Luv Ang x

·
Registered
448 Posts
but surely there's no harm walking through metal detectors??

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Walking through them a few times should be fine. I walked thorugh them when i went on holiday at 20 weeks pg, and everything is fine as you can see, so try not to worry

Nikki xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
I forgot when we went on Eurostar back in April  ::)  ::)

Have a nice holiday

x x x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts