Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies (and gents!)

I'm hoping you can help with this. One of the ladies at charity that I am a member of has come up with, what i think is, a very simple idea that could save ladies some of the heart ache that my husband and I went through with my son.

We all know that Folic Acid is essential to those trying to concieve as it helps prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida.

Local Boots stores have a small sign next to the Folic Acid reminding people of the need to take it while pregnant and trying to concieve. If you're in the aisle looking at Folic Acid you probably already know you need it, so it issuggested that they place another copy of the sign next to the pregnancy and ovulation prediction tests.

This is where people who may not be aware they need it, but are either trying to concieve or only just pregnant would notice it. Hopefully this could prompt at least some women to start taking Folic Acid while there's still a chance for it to make a difference.  Its about putting the infomation in a place where it can't be missed - putting it right under the noses of people without them having to go looking for it.

I have just emailed Boots with my idea and asked them to put a sign next to the pregnancy anad OPKs in every store in the country. I would like to ask you all if you would consider making the same request of them - strength in numbers! If we all contacted them they'd have to pay more attention than they will to just me.

You can write to them at Boots Customer Care, PO Box 5300, Nottingham, NG90 1AA.
Alternatively visit www.boots.co.uk, click on help, then contact us, then email and it will give a range of complicated and rather specific looking options but if you select any of them you'll get a form to complete
with your message.

I do hope you'll all consider supporting this as it means a lot to me and other mums in have been in similar positions to me, who will no doubt find this very close to home.

Thanks
Debs

p.s. this is not just limited to boots  :)

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
^hello^

Just to let you know that i emailed boots and am waiting on a reply. I will let you know what it says. I think it is a very good idea and i hope lots of other people join you.  ^afro^

Jenny

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jenny

BTW did you hear back regarding our other topic?

Debs

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have sent an e mail.  I hope to have a reply.  This is very dear to my heart as i suffered a pregnancy loss as the baby had spina bifida.  I would encourage others to do the e mail as well.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rltu

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. ^hugme^
Thank you for emailing though - fingers crossed it may prevent someone else having to go through this heartache.

Debs

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
/bump

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
I don't know if you have received my other email but i had heard from boots and ARC.

Boots said that they will bring it up in the next meeting so fingers crossed.

ARC has added me to the email support group and i received a information pack which was very helpful

Thanks a lot.

jenny

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent news on both things Jenny.
I hope you will find the ARC ladies very supportive. They are a lovely bunch (and know exactly what you mean everytime)

Take care
Debs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.