Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious to know whether all women ttc but know they cannot, continue to take folic acid.
the reason i am asking is just recently on a checkup at hospital(not ivf related) the Dr saw on my notes that am am awaiting ivf and said to me "are you taking your folic acid?" when i said no she looked shocked.
the reason i haven't been taking them is because i never felt that i am going to conceive naturally and therefore didn't think i would have to take it yet.
should i be taking it now

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi.  I started taking Folic Acid 3 months before beginning my IVF treatment and I bought 'Pregnacare'.  I asked a chemist who said that this product has everything that one needs.  I would definitely start taking it if you are planning treatment.  Good Luck x

·
Registered
100 Posts
I must admit that the notes from my clinic recommend you have been taking it for a few months before the treatment starts but no-one did ever ask me.  

As the treatment was planned a few months before I started taking Sanatogen Pronatal three months previously.

I would definitely start taking something now.

Alba
-x-

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi i have also been told to take folic acid by my clinic which im doing
iys mad really cause when i was pg with my ds i never did and he was fine and healthy but i am taking it now before we start treatment

Kerry xx

P.s does anyone know if it comes in a liquid form i am managing to take the tablets but only just!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Kerry,

I typed Folic Acid Liquid into google and it came up with some results suggesting that is it available in injectable and liquid form.

Maybe worth asking your pharmacist?

Good Luck

Alba
-x-

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi all

Am in the middle of my IVF cycle, on menopur at the moment and only strated taking folic acid, Clearblue have a new one which contains ginger and zinc i think.

Any ideas if this is a good one ????

Kelly xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.