Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was faced with a difficult decision yesterday on my final scan as i was given the opportunity to abandon or continue as i was 'borderline.'  Have 2 follicles at a good size and 2 at 14mm. I decided to go ahead with treatment as i couldn't just give up on it but i took the trigger last night and am wondering 'do the follicles still grow after trigger?'

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Donna xx

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Donna,

We don't have scans to prove that they do or don't.....but general consensus is that they do...
Alot of women get their scan on say the monday and then told to trigger on the tuesday and then EC on the thursday...so that is still 4 days growth !!!!

Hope everything goes ok for you ........

On my first IVF, we only got 2 eggs and 1 of them fertilised, and we got pregnant....it really is a case of quality over quantity with IVF.........

Good luck  ^pray^

Netty

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the response. Lets hope the two bigs ones are good quality! xx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hi Donna

there's still time for a little bit of growth!!! on my 2nd ICSI att i didn't have many follies and my left ovarie did'nt respond at all and on my final scan it showed my left ovarie had produced some follies which considering 4 days b4 that it wasn't responding at all so it just goes to show  :) :) wish you loads a luck sending you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ good luck  with your EC, hope you get some big follies  xxxx

Hayleigh

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

I carried on keeping my tummy warm and drinking lots of water after the trigger injection and my smaller follicles had gained another 3-4 mm each before EC.

^goodluck^

x x x x x

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
i had 9 good follies on the day i triggered and 2 smaller ones, the little 2 reached a good size by EC 2 days later so yeah i think they do.  Good luck  ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts