Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls does anyone know anything about if it is good or bad having a follicle growing during Down regulation? and obviously how this affects the cycle?
Thanks
Trina

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went for my baseline scan on tuesday, and they said I had a quite big follicle. ( I have PCOS) . They said I had to had a HCG injection to shrink it down and need to delay stims for two weeks but continue taking buserilin. The lady said that if a follicle gets to a certain size it can start producing its own hormones.

~Not sure if this helps but just letting you knwo someone else is in the same position.

Kazzie

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you kazzie eek you poor thing! I'm just on buserelin for an extra week at the moment they didn't really mention the follicle so guessing its not a problem at this stage? good luck with your treatment x

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi Trina (my fellow May/June bug!)

Not sure if this helps BUT when I had my 1st scan (when D/R) I had quite a few follies on my ovaries. The nurse called them antral follicles which are apparently good to have (they're the ones that hold the eggs) (I don't have PCOS but have polycystic ovaries) so i've moved onto stimming and just have to be monitored so they don't run away with themselves and I get OHSS.

I'm sure the clinic would've said if there was anything to worry about or change in your tx cycle.

^hugme^

Rach xxx

G

·
Hiya

Okayyyyyyy......ideally you want no true follies at the baseline scan (hence the term "baseline")....if you have any that are 8-10mm+ and they grow then there is a real worry that they will take the lead on the cycle and others may be slow to grow....DRegging for a bit longer is v common so do not worry - they will no doubt scan you again in a week to check all is quiet. I assume they also took bloods (to be repeated whn you go back?) to be able to prove the follie was not a hormone producing one/cyst?

Good luck ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do I? ooh freaky sorry! not intelligent haha
thank you both so much for your advice!
They didn't actually say anything at all just that I had one and i was upset about having to wait for another week so didn't remember to ask. No I didn't have any bloods taken at all but am due for another scan on wednesday so will make sure I ask more about it then! really hoping its the same as yours Rachey and not a bad thing! I don't have PCOS either and no expectation to OHSS but you never know this is my luck we're talking about haha!
Thanks again both x

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello Trina,

I had one largish follicle in the second week of D/R and had to take a HCG injection (Pregnyl) to induce ovulation as well as Provera tablets for 5 days to bleed, which I did 9 days later. Then, on day 2 of my period, I had another scan which showed that I had several follicles again, two of which were quite big. Also my oestradiol level was quite high, so I had to have a cyst aspiration to get rid of the follicles and to prevent oestradiol rising any further (this hormone is produced by the follicles). My oestradiol level went down immediately and I could start stimulation that evening. It's now day 5 of stimulation and I am still using Synarel (nasal spray) alongside the stimulation injections.

^goodluck^

Minttu

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi Trina

I had my baseline last Thursday and she saw 6 on each ovary, they were tiny little black dots on the screen and one cyst on my left ovary. I had no idea that they would see them that early on but she said it was a really good sign and that my ovaries looked very healthy.

Good luck

Lou xxx

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Minttu argh what a journey you have been on! hugs you poor thing thank you very much for sharing though and I hope you are successful! It is really good to know even if it is a bad thing you can still get to stimms!
Louise thank you! that is really really good to hear that it is a good thing fingers crossed for us all thank you all for your support x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts