Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I had my scan today and I have 15 follies, from 10 to 19.5..Few at 13-15m.

I have EC on Tuesday..so my question is will the smaller ones grow, and how big does a follicle have to be for a mature egg to be in side?

and Once you have the trigger shot, does the follicles still grow?

H xx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
H,

I know that doctors prefer eggs to get to 18mm minimum before EC. As you have EC on Tuesday I guess you will have your trigger shot sunday night and they will all continue growing until then. Once the trigger shot is done I don`t think they continue to grow as they get ready to be released. But maybe someone else will know the answer to that last point for sure. It is always hard to get all the eggs to the required size as this can also risk you having OHSS.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Hey i am exactly a week behind you, how good is that.  As far as i know the trigger injection just gets the eggs ready to be released and ripens them up. Hope this helps, im new to this. XX

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi.

I'm doing ok..have trigger shot at 8.30pm tonight, then EC on tuesday morning,so I hope that my follies have grown some more!

How about you?

Which clinic are you at? I'm at Care In notts

H X :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
hi,
am not an expert, and have only had iui, but thought i would let you know the discussion i had with the nurse prior to my iui.
you see i had 3 follies of a good size and one small one too, they had a chat with me as they said that follie would still grow, but not at the same rate they all had been growing at, as on final shot day i stopped the follicle stimulating drugs. 
she definitely said they continue to grow, just not as fast.
hope this helps and good luck tomorrow for your ec.  ^pray^
xx

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Had EC yesterday, and had 9 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilised, but one abnormal, left with 4.Hopefully they will continue to divide.. ET could be Friday

H X

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
H,

That is great hun! Sending you ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ that they all continue to divide! Lot`s of ladies on this site are saying it`s quality of the embies and not quantity to do the trick! Let us know how they go,

^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Hickson,

Just dropped by and noticed i had EC on the exact date and exact time as you! Triggered at the same time 'n ol! (obviously ^idiot^).

I got 11 eggs all mature enough to be injected with DH sperm (we had ICSI) and got the call this morning to say 6 have fertilised. I hope they all continue to develop. We too have been given Friday (provisionally) as ET day, but will get a call early Friday morning to decide if we can do a Day 5 transfer (blasts) so will be Sunday ET. Fingers crossed.  ^pray^ ^pray^ I do hope and pray we have some left for freezing as i've found IVF really hard to go through, but if i have to do it again, obviously i will. ::)

All the best for Friday!!! Sticky vibes to us all and the best of luck for all you ladies currently on treatment!  ^reiki^

Silverglitter79

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Good luck Silverglitter and Hickson  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emma x

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hickson and Silverglitter79 ^goodluck^ for Friday`s ET ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thanks Emma and RosesAreRed!!!!  :-*

I'll keep you all posted with updates from me!  ^reiki^

Till then!! ;)

Silverglitter79 x

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Silverglitter79

How spooky is that!...same time and date! :)

I'm at Care at Notts.

Care have just rang to say that the 4 embies are dividing, one abit fast at 6 cells, but she will ring me at 9am, to see if I will have Et tomorrow at 11am..they are also thinking blast, but I think I will be tomorrow..they are Grade 2

Good Luck
H X

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Hickson,

I'll also be waiting for their call tomorrow morning if ET will go ahead at 10:10 am or Sunday, if they decide that my embies are good enough to go to blasts.

I'm at guys and st thomas', London Bridge, and it is my 1st full IVF (ICSI). My first cycle was abandoned at the stimming stage as i had a poor response to the meds. Ony got 5 follies then (2 large and 3 small ones).

Well let us know how you get on and i'll do the same.

All the best for tomorrow!!!!

Silverglitter79

1 - 13 of 13 Posts