Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

follicles

429 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ruth 
#1 ·
hi i wonder if anyone has any reasuring advice? i went for a scan today which was the last one before egg collection next tuesday. it showed that i had about six follicles ranging from 14mm to 18mm. i was really disapointed as on my last treatment they collected ten eggs and i was on a lower dose of drugs then and thought that i might produce more this time. the nurse tried to reasure me saying that they were all at a better stage than last and that they were quite small last time but i am still worried that i wont get any embryos when they do icsi next week.(i had 3 embryos last time). has anyone had any similar experiences? is quality really better than quantity????????????????? 
thanks any replies would be a great help
love emma xxxxx

#2 ·
Hi Emma

though certainly not an expert by any means i would def say quality more than quantity and it only takes one.  I have read of some women who have 10 matures follys and none fertilise but then go on to have only one or two excellant grade a's which both fertilise.  Dont go worrying yourself unnecessarily, things will be fine.

Good luck for EC. xx

#3 ·
I think I got about the same as you last time but got 4 embryo's .There were two eggs in one follicle

#4 ·
Hi Emma

Just wanted to let you know that quality really is better than quantity. I produced 19 and then 27 eggs - and very poor results. So although I can easily produce masses - they were all duff!!! How I wish I could have only produced 5 - but of top notch quality!

So chin up and think quality! As has been said before, don't worry yourself unnecessarily.

Best of luck

E x  ;)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.