Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm returning to FF after one year's break from treatment.

We did two ICSI's at the ARGC last year and now in May went back for our third one. I've always been on the short protocol in the past but now they put me on the long protocol, more precisely follicular phase protocol. On day 1 my FSH was 5.4, oestradiol 241, LH 4.5, prolactine 564. I started down-regging with Synarel Tue 27th May (D2). I had another blood test and a scan on Mon 2nd June and there was one follicle growing in one of my ovaries and my oestradiol was still rising, so I couldn't start stimming. The same evening I had to take a Pregnyl injection to induce ovulation and the following morning started with Provera tablets (for 5 days) as well as carried on using Synarel. I was told to wait for my period and then call the clinic.

My period started today and when I called the clinic I was expecting to be told to come for a blood test/scan tomorrow but they booked a scan only for Mon 16th June. They said the scan is normally done on day 5. However, after putting the phone down, I realised Monday will be day 6 for me. Also in the past I’ve always had the problem of rising levels of oestradiol very early in my cycle, even to the point that the treatment had to be abandoned because of that. Now I am still using Synarel until next Monday so I guess this will help to keep the hormones down.

I couldn’t find anything on the message boards on the subject so if anyone has experience on the follicular phase protocol I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you.
Minttuw

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi Minttuw,

I am sorry but i do not know the answer to your questions. However I would get straight on the phone to your clinic. They should explain to you what is happening when and why. I know we sometimes worry that we look like idiots when we ask all those questions, but I feel that I am very forgetful when I do treatment and have to go over things twice  (or more!) before I take all the details in. Your clinic should understand that you have worries and questions. Get your moneys worth !! Good luck.  ^phone^ 

Anne

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Anne!

I was actually right with my doubts. The clinic just called and they had given me wrong info this morning. They do want to see me tomorrow after all for a scan!

Feel a bit relieved now!!  :)

Minttu

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi Minttuw,

great news - I am so glad for you!! It is a stressful journey, so even worse when soemthign unsettles us.

Good luck!!!!

^hugme^

Anne

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your support Anne!

Good luck with your tx!  ^goodluck^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts