Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So sorry it has taken so very long to get back on line, things have been a bit mixed here since the birth and rather complicated.  I'm hoping that life will start to settle down a little now so we can enjoy our beautiful twins..  Well here goes with the story...

On Monday 1st August I was due in the hospital for just a blood test, unfortunately the tests came back with problems with my liver, bile acids and increasing blood pressure.  They were also concerned that Twin 1 (Molly) had stopped growing.  Due to all these circumstances they suggested I should be induced there and then.  Phoned DH to let him know and he came to the hospital.  I was put on monitors and then given a pessary to get things moving.  They said it could take several to get things started.  45 minutes later, things had really kicked in.  I was soon having contractions every minute with only about 15 seconds in between, which was a nightmare.  They managed to put in an epidural, which eased things considerably.  After six hours I had dilated 6cm having had membranes ruptured. Then the problems started as Twin 1's heartbeat suddenly started to drop and went from 140 beats to just 40.  At this point everything speeded up and we were soon in for a c-section!  It all happenend very quickly!

I soon had my beautiful twins, Molly and Thomas, couldn't believe how lucky we were, we very nearly lost our precious little girl.  Unfortunately soon after they were born I had a very large bleed from my c-section wound and soaked the bed.  They put on high pressure dressings and we all assumed things would be fine.  And so they were for a couple of days although my bruising was huge!  I then became very aneamic.  Was offered a blood transfusion, but I refused,aasking instead to be sent home for proper rest and decent food.  A very kind and understanding midwife allowed me to do just that.  I was soon feeling better at home, except for my wound starting to look red and very tender.  Then 10 days ago it started opening.  I was referred back to the hospital and had to have it dressed by district nurses every day, and was put on antibiotics.  The dressings were useless and three days later the whole wound was open and showed a large heamatoma from one end to the other, the skin was also rotting around the edges and I was feeling pretty awful.  I was sent back to hospital last Wednesday and was put under general anaesthetic and had the whole wound cleaned out, the heamatoma removed and the dead skin cut out.  I was in for the night and was put on morphine for 24 hours.  I came home on Thursday afternoon on numerous painkillers and 3 different antibiotics.  We are not completely out of the woods as the consultant is still concerned about infections taking hold again, so we are having to go into hospital daily (taking the twins with us each time - what a fiddle) to have it checked and re-dressed.  It is still bleeding a lot and is nowhere near healed yet, but we have our fingers crossed that things will settle down soon.  If not we will be back to square one again and have to have it re-opened and cleaned out a second time.

Amidst all this we have been inundated with "helpful" visitors.  Thankfully we are looking forward to a quieter week coming up and hope to be able to start enjoying our new life as a family together.

Tom and Molly have gone from strength to strength over the past few weeks and have given us so much happiness already.  They are more precious than anything I have ever known and me and DH count our blessings every day.  We are so blessed.

Love to you all,

Fone xx  ^daisy^

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dear Fone and DH,

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Molly and Thomas.

Sorry to hear your having problems with your wound, that sounds a nightmare!!! I have my fingers crossed for you that it's all healed up in no time. I had a c-section and it did take a while to heal, but you just take it easy and don't be tempted to push that hoover round!! Lots of snuggles with molly thomas and DH on the sofa for you  ;)

We'll see you on twin mum's chat when you are up to it.
Get better soon and enjoy your little bundles...they soon aren't little bundles anymore!!

Love jen xx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hi Fone
Sounds like it all happened very quickly for you but I'm so glad the girls arrived safely in the end.  Really hope your wound clears up soon - sounds very nasty and it must be so hard going to the hospital every day.

You just take it as easy as possible and concentrate on getting yourself better so you can take care of Tom and Molly.  Ask visitors to give you a bit of space and perhaps come in a week or so - they will understand and you need time to get settled with your new family.

Congratulations again - Looking foward to seeing you in twin mums chat, hun
love
Kirsty xxx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Dear Fone,

What a horrible experience but with a lovely ending. I'm so sorry you've been having such a time of it but glad to hear both little ones are doing fine now. People pitching up to "help" when you are feeling so awful must have been very tiring. Tom and Molly sound adorable and you are obviously totally smitten!  :)

I hope you heal quickly and if you need anything doing, you know where I am.

lots of love
Caroline
xx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Fone

Congratulations to you and your DH on the safe arrival of Molly and Thomas.  I hope that you make a full recovery very soon.

^congrats^ ^pinkted^ ^blueted^

Nic xxxx

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Hi Fone,

Congratulations you top Mummy you!  ;D So glad that Tom and Molly made it into the world safely, dispite the anxiety for you and DH.

Sorry you have had such a tough time of it how poo. Really hope everything heals well this time. You must have had enough of that hospital, poor lovie! Are you managing to get enough rest to help the healing?

Take real good care and look after yourself and those precious bubs of yours.

Loads of love and big big hugs to you all, Charlie xxx

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Poor you, I really hope your tummy clears up soon  :-* congratulations on the safe arrival of Molly & Thomas, can't wait to see lots of pictures, you post made me cry when reading "Tom and Molly have gone from strength to strength over the past few weeks and have given us so much happiness already.  They are more precious than anything I have ever known and me and DH count our blessings every day.  We are so blessed"

I feel exactly the same, words can't express the love.

PS Can't believe you have had time to write this, I still haven't had time to write mine and I have only 1 baby lol xx

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fone,

What a horrible experience!!  You poor thing.  I can't imagine how traumatic it must be to always be worried about splitting apart! 

But it sounds like you have two lovely babies to love and enjoy, and that must make it all a lot more bearable!  Hope this week is indeed quieter for you, and you get a chance to just relax and bond with your babies!!

Hugs,
Julia

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Fone,

Really sorry to hear about your problems with your cesarean. Life with twins is hard enough in the first few weeks, it must be very frustrating. I hope you heal soon and don't need to go through it again.

I hope the unhelpful 'helpful' visitors leave you alone.

Ring me if you need any advice on anything. I will IM you my home number.

Regards to Anthony and congratulations again.

Love

Shelly

·
Registered
213 Posts
Fone,

So sorry to hear you had and still having a bad time. Hopefully things will settle down and you can enjoy your lovely babies ;D

Which hospital are you going into?

Hugs
Chris

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Fone,

wow, what a story, bit scary i would imagine. I hope your tummy clears up soon and you can get sown to the serious business of enjoying your wonderful babies.

Hugs to Tom and Molly,

Love Sal

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hi Fone,

Sorry to read what a nightmare you have had with your c-section.  It was uncomfortable enough recovering from mine with no scar/wound problems, so I can't imagine how painful it must be, I hope you are still managing lots of cuddles with your gorgeous babies!

Glad to hear that the twins are doing well, we would love to see some pics when you get a moment (not likely I'm sure!!).

Take care honey bun,

Minkey xx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.