Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son (now 7 mths) has finally taken to solids, we had a few probs with lunch and tea, but now takes breakfast, lunch & tea with juice once and milk 4 times.

He has always woken at 4 or 5 or 6 in night (for bottle), now its getting to 4 every night? i have tried mixing up my own food for his tea which he eats but that makes no difference (the HV suggested this) also making his bottle before bed bigger, but he won't drink it all? he has now started waking at 2 aswell, do you think i should maybe feed him more? maybe the portions are too small?

Thanks

Zoe

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
me again!

my friend has just suggested going onto SMA hungrier baby? we have decided not to change to progress so could this be an option?

Zoe x

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi Zoe,

I guess it depends on whether he is waking because he is hungry (in which case I'd definately try to feed him more during the day), or whether he is waking not particularly hungry and using the bottle as a comforter. Some people would say if it was the latter, to do controlled crying. I have never done it although I've been going to a couple of times, but then ds has slept through "just in time"!!

The thing I'd like to know, is how you finally got him to take solids? My 7 month old son will only eat biscuits. Feeding times have become unpleasant for him and me as I get upset and he is miserably trying not to be force fed, so I've given up for a while and am only giving him bottles.

Love,

Suzy

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your reply, i suppose they are all different, but we had a problem to start with cause mason kept being sick after eating, that was horrible cause he was enjoying his food.

we just kept waiting a week or so and trying again, then he had breakfast, 2 course lunch and one course tea, now he's on 2 course tea aswell.  Maybe try sweet stuff, we did that first or fromage frais yogurts? i now blend up chicken breast, boiled pot and frozen veg once a week and freeze it.

i am sure you will get there, i think its very hard, no matter what anyone says.

mason is still on 4 bottles a day and juice with his lunch, then he doens't always drink that so i think he's not drinking and thats bad but i am sure he will shout if he wants something.

good luck x

Zoe x

·
Registered
108 Posts
I controlled cried for the "going down" part of the night but gave him milk in the night as he seemed to want it till he was 12 mths old then I started watering his milk down and cos he didn't like this eventually dropped the feed.  Josh eats well and likes lots of foods but only like a sparrow or I would have done it sooner.

I think they are supposed to be having about 1.5 pints at this point so if he's getting that during the day try watering it down ?

Good luck

Dawn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.