Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering for those of you with babies already, how did the babies heartrate during pregnancy relate to gender? i have heard the old wives tail that over 140 bpm is a girl and under is a boy. how true has this been for you? Our baby is usually around 148-156 bpm, but no idea of the gender for another few weeks yet!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ok I have been dopplering since 10+2 - heartrate has never gone below 156....and I doppler 3 or 4 times a day  :-[

I am expecting a girl!!! So true for me.

Nic x

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
p.s if your 4d scan pictures anything to go by your baby is going to be gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
24,203 Posts
I am having one of each and their heart rates are near enough the same  ::) between 145-170 (170 if there having a good old thrash about)  ::) ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
When i was pg my babies heartrate was 150 - 170 and i had a little girl!!

So true for me aswell  :)

x x

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
When i was pg L 's hb was 140-150 so untrue for me  ;D

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I have 3 boys and average herat rates were 140's and below - it was only towards the end of pg when i was put on the monitor for 20 mins at a time that you get a good average reading and for me it was certainly true. My gp has 2 boys, 1 girl and she insists it was accurate forall 3 of hers as well  ;)

S xx

·
Registered
960 Posts
What a great thread - I was thinking of starting one similar. I also don't know what I am having but hb is always around 158 - 168 so would be interesting to know if it is a girl...

Lexi

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Every time I was monitored (which was quite a bit towards the end of both pregnancies) ds would be 150/160 and dd 140, so completely reversed for me.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
My little boys H/R was between 150 and 170

So definitly not true for us, even during labour they said are you sure its not a girl!

but yes hes definitly a boy!

Em

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
reversed for me too!

DS had a heartbeat of around 152 for the duration of pregnancy and DD's was 140 or below. ::)

My bump has been around 150 on both occasions the midwife has listened so far and my pregnancy is mimicking that of DS's so who know's the flavour, maybe another boy?! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts