Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have recently become members of OASIS (Overseas Adoption Support and Information Services) and I would highly recommend anyone thinking of adopting overseas to do the same.

The information pack that we received has been the most informative tool we have manged to get to date.  As a member you (if you choose the option to) can get access to a database of other members who are willing to be contacted that have either adopted or are in the process of.

T x

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rusty

Off course I don't mind!!

We have just been allocated a SW so we are now waiting for a call from her for our first appointment.

Unfotunately we can't use a Voluntary Adoption Agency as we don't live within a 50mile radius of any of the 4 agencies in the UK - typical!!

We have just enrolled for beginners Russian at our local college - yikes!!

We have read loads and loads of literature on what to expect from institutionalised children - some of it pretty scary!!

We have already made contact with one of the members from OASIS who have successfully adopted from Russia - they phoned us the other day and it was lovely to hear their daughter chatting away in the background!!  He even asked her to come on and say hello to me which she did - bless her!

Other than reading and researching we can't do much else at the moment but wait!!

If you would like any further information then feel free to ask!

T x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.