Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???

Hello Everyone,

I am interested to know if any of you have tried the Foresight programme?

Thanks

Laine

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya,

Explain please!

Ange W ???

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Angie

It is easier for you to go to the website.

www.foresight-preconception.org.uk

Love Lainexxx

/links

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello there

I heard about Foresight from a friend (who is 40) who did their programme and is now pregnant - and had only just started trying for a baby! Her FSH levels were around 5!

So me and DP did their hair analysis test and we're both low in selenium and zinc which is apparently essential for reproduction. So we're going to start taking supplements.

mxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mandy

Thanks for sharing your friends story. It helps toknow that someone near my age fell pg using Foresight.

I hope that taking the Selenium and Zinc works foryou and your dp too.

Have you started your IUI yet?

Good Luck.

Lainexx ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Laine

Yes this time we got to the insemination stage and are now on our 2ww. The test is June 13th, so fingers crossed! Unfortuntely I'm not feeling at all pregnant.

Are you doing the Foresight programme? They have encouraging stories in the back of their newsletters about women who've conceived after being on the programme.

Good luck with your natrual tries.

mxxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi MandyJane
Hope you don't mind me replying. Firstly I really hope your IUI worked?

Secondly, are you taking the foresight supplements?

Today I have sent off for the information pack, as I have high fsh levels, and dh has low sperm count. We are on an egg donation waiting list but have been told to try the supplements too.

Just wanted to know if anyone is on them?

Also did you become a member?

Sorry for all the questions.

Debs x

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello Debs

I don't mind any questions, I'm happy to help :)

Yes I have just started the supplements. They recommend which ones after they do the hair analysis. I did join as a member because you get a discount on the analysis if you are a member and you get newsletters which have quite encouraging information and stories in them.

I really hope you don't mind me telling you this story - but I had high FSH a few months back so the IUI was put on hold. I had to go home and wait for the next month's test. So I decided to completely cut out alcohol, caffeine, refind foods etc. My next FSH was 7 point something. It may have had nothing to do with my new diet, because you can get blips where your FSH is high for one month. But you never know!

I think that Foresight believe that nutrition (supplements etc) can help egg and sperm quality.

Apparently it takes 3 months for your body to benefit fully from supplements. For example, I think that men produce completely new batches of sperm every 3 months.

No the IUI didn't work last month :(, so next try will be mid-July (assuming FSH is ok :eek:).

Good luck with everything
Mandy xxxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Mandy
Sorry to hear that your treatment didn't work.

Do they give any reasons why it didn't?

Thanks for yoru response regarding Foresight, I too will join and do the hair analysis - Did both you and your husband give hair samples? Also what if you dye your hair - underneath is my natural colour, but I do have highlights put in?

Blimey your fsh really did reduce - fantastic - its worth it then at the end of the day.

I am also looking into acupuncture as heard that this also helps.

What did your hair result come back as or haven't you gone that far yet?

Thanks Mandy
Debs x

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Debs,

The doctors don't seem to give any reasons why IUI doesn't work. They can tell more about what might be going wrong when doing IVF, but with IUI, I don't think they really know.

Yes we have both had our hair analysis done. The results were that I was ok in most minerals, but slightly deficient in potassium, selenium and zinc. I also had too much mercury and lead (they give you Vit C and garlic which helps to eliminate these toxins). My partners results were a bit worse. He's slightly deficient in most minerals and too high in sodium - which is interesting because he's the one that uses more salt on his food than me. So maybe there is something in it!

I think that you'll have to send them just under 1 inch of hair that doesn't have permanant dye on it. They can do it with non-permanant dyes. You may have to grow your hair out a bit. But if you've only got highlights on the top, you may be able to cut hair that isn't dyed. They need it from the nape of the neck anyway because that's the newest hair. There's a hair analysis form on their website which will help.

Good luck with it all!
hugs
Mandy xxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Girls (and boys !)

Just thought i'd let you know about my experience so far !

I was having a few girlie problems and what with my forthcoming ICSI treatment, i thought i should go and see a nutritionist a couple of months ago.

I was put on a strict 'diet' (boring !), which has certainly helped and also is very similar to the foods recommended in Marion Glanville's book........so the nutritionist said that it would put me on great footing for the treatment.

I also sent my hair off to the States to get it analysed for minerals, to check my deficiencies/imbalance. It came back this week - the main result was a copper imbalance.

Having seen my nutrionist last night, this is probably the route of my girlie problems but is also a key factor in infertility.......

It came back with a huge report, which suggests a programme of vitamins to get the balances right.

I haven't been told to avaid any food that contains copper though.......

Just wondering if anyone else had been through this process.....any advice welcome !

Sarz ;D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi Sarz,

Could you possibly IM me details of where you sent your hair sample to in the States as I am interested in doing this too.

Take care and good luck for you forthcoming tx.

Lots of Luv
Gail x ;D

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi girls
Just a thought, but did you know that a company called FOresight who are an alternative organisation for IF do this also.
I understand that they are based around the guildford area (they were recommended to me).
THis might be a quicker and cheaper alternative.
Love Dawn

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi Dawn ;D,

Thanks for that - will look them up on the internet.

Take care,

Luv
Gail x

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi Sarz and Gail,
We both went through the hair mineral analysis process last spring. I did it through a nutritional therapist at Napier's in Edinburgh. When the results came back she helped us to  put the recommendations into practice  by sorting out the vitamin/mineral suppliments which we required and also with dietary advice to improve our mineral intake as necessary. The nut. therapist knew that I was trying to stick to the Marilyn Glenville diet and she was extremely supportive, offering practical advice wherever she could.

Does it work????????? Good question - I can only say that less that a year later we conceived naturally -  following three negative ICSI cycles. Make of that what you will.

Dawn,
The address for Foresight is:
28 The Paddock
Godalming
Surrey
GU7 1XD

Tel: 01483 427839  (9.30am - 6.00pm)

I am sure they must have a website too but my leaflet is probably out of date!

Wishing you all lots of luck,
Flo

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi Girls
THanks for the input! It looks like based on Flo's experience that anything is worth a try!
I think they may get bombarded with soem calls tomorrow!
Good luck everyone - a bit more hope thats for sure!
Love Dawn xx

Sorry, i missed off the website for you to look at! www.foresight-preconception.org.uk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi ladies

Flo - congratulations - brilliant to hear of success stories!

I am on the foresight programme - and also had our hair samples analysed through them - I am kind of okish levels, but very high in calcium (god knows what that means though!!).

So take about 15 tablets a day - anything is worth a go - have heard their success rate is very good, even if IVF/ICSI is needed - the tablets are there to prepare your body for pregnancy and that you have a healthy pregnancy when you fall.

With that, acupuncture and reflexology - come on, I should be getting pg at a drop of a hat !!! ;D(wishfull thinking)

Would love to keep in touch.
Debs x

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wondered if anyone has tried Foresight. ??? If you have, what sort of results have you had ???

I have read quite a lot about them, and even though I am now 39.25 yrs old (the 0.25 is a big thing! :p) I am trying not to have to use IVF as I am scared of using Clomid.

I did think I had caught, but it appears I have had a very early miscarriage. Not sure how I feel. :'( Glad I got pregnant, and devastated I lost. Confused.

Take care and good luck to everyone.

P

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^daisy^
Hi pippy,
I joined foresight(for pre-conceptial care) in 2002(before I discovered this site),
I bought the books, DH and I had our hair analysed, bought £100 worth of vits,
the hair results came back high in copper/aluminium,and they reccomended I stop taking the clomid,as can increase copper levels which can be a factor in miscarriage,so a bit of a double edge sword(clomid does work for a lot of people though),they recomend you both stop drinking and smoking at least 4mths before trying to concieve,and eat organic if possible,they are big on pre-conceptial care, trying to prevent misscarriage,premature or birth malformation.and avoiding (and highlighting)things like Enviromental contamination,pesticides,food additives etc,they also have practitioners dotted around the country,

I believe doing anything you can like, not drinking smoking,but taking vits/and eating healthily,will all help,and getting the phyical aspects checked too!

I now take sanatagen/pregnacare multi vit,and a few other bits and bobs,
there is also a book by marylyn Glenville who has her own vits for pre-conceptial care, and I think a few girls on here feel it has worked for them,
I only stuck with foresight for a year,as i felt i did not want to spend more on membership,hair analysis etc,and felt i could carry on with the vits but find them cheaper elsewhere,
I do believe foresight has helped a lot of people,and if you are really dedicated,it could be very beneficial,

anyway hope this has helped a bit,
and goodluck,
love mmmbop,xxx

G

·
Hello Pippy and Big Ted

I followed the Marilyn Glenville programme to the letter for about 18 months/2 years, and it runs along a similar line to Foresight - as mmmbop said, with the hair analysis and diet and vitamins etc.

I did get pg during that time for the 1st time ever, but m/c early on. Whether that was to do with the programme or not I'll never know.

Am now at the point where don't want to spend a fortune on Vits and Hair Analysis, but dh and I still do the diet most of the time and it has improved our general health even if it hasn't got me pg.

So if you want to do everything you can, then I'd say give Foresight a go. But don't beat yourself up if you fancy a glass of wine or piece of chocolate now and again, because you can have too much of a good thing!

Good luck
Love chick xxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 192 Posts