Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 2 weeks into our 3rd round of icsi, I had 2bfp on our previous cycles but sadly both ended in miscarriages, the first at our 3 month scan the 2nd after 4 days. I was also very ill in between & was diagnosed with lupus. This time I am  having steroids and clexane. I had a good response to the last cycle (produced many eggs) so I'm  trying so hard to stay positive for this one working. Although it feels like the odds are stacked against us (my age, lupus, my partners sperm quality) Its  a very testing time the treatment rollercoaster has really tested our relationship. I am feeling very up and down at the moment & all the extra hormones are not helping! It's so difficult when I see all my friends conceiving and having normal pregnancies, I don't want to be bitter. Is anyone else feeling like this?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hi angelcakes!  ^wave^

I think the majority of us feel the hurt when everyone around us can concieve naturally with little or no effort and then we have to go through this very unpleasant journey for the same results, if we even get them at all.  All I can say and I know its easier said than done, but you need to remain positive.......just from the fact that you have been diagnosed with lupus and that they have given you extra medication might be the answer that you needed.  I dont know anything about lupus and whether it can affect pregnancy but if it does, then it sounds like this time around will be completely different for you.

Also, the fact that you have had 2 BFP's shows that the quality of the sperm is good enough for a pregnancy and that ICSI has worked for you to a certain extent before and maybe hold on to that as hard as I can imagine it would be to get a BFP on two occasions and to then miscarry  ^hugme^  The hormones are an absolute nightmare and its no wonder that you feel the way that you do.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your ICSI and hope that this is the one that sticks.....please keep talking on here so that things dont build up for you, yes its very testing this treatment and tests relationships but thats understandable.  Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ and  ^pray^ that this is your time x x

·
Registered
48 Posts
Think anyone who has struggled to conceive knows it's hard when everyone else around you seems to be getting pregnant just like that. My 2ww on my first ICSI cycle was the same time my brother had his first baby, so had to pretend to be happy when we were devastated after getting a BFN.

You're strong to be going through it a third time, I'm on my 2ww of second cycle and I found it hard injecting again for this.

x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts