Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i wondered if anyone can help me? For those of you who know me from ** i am going to panel in march to foster on a respite basis disabled children - this is being covered by my local council authority but what i am enquiring about is i have been approached my a family in my current job as a carer in the community about giving respite for one weekend a month to their disabled daughter as the mum recieves direct payments to pay for respite care. If i was to take on this child i wondered if there was an insurance policy i could take out to protect both myself and the child/family if either the child breaks something in my home or causes damage or if god forbid she had an accident in my house as this wouldnt be covered by the local council.

Many thanks

Kate xx

G

·
When we fostered we were members of the Fostering Network and that gave us insurance, plus monthly magazines.  The LA paid for our membership and I think it would have covered all arrangements?

Hope that helps
Bop

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bop i will certainly look into that - i know im covered when i get the disabled child through the local council but the other child will not be through the council im doing that privately but i can always enquire.

Many thanks

Kate xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts