Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
welcome to our lovely new thread. as i know some of us didn't really know where to post :)

thought introductions would be a good way to start us off!

well as you know im suzie aka olive !! and we have only just started the adoption process recently and im waiting for our sw to ring us and tell us if they agreed we could start the application and then go on the course!!

really looking forward to chatting to you and getting to know you

love
suzie xx

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi Suzie

Thankyou for adding a new thread & changing Adoption to Adoption & fostering.

Will look forward to reading your news, You may remember that I sent you a personal message about fostering & just wanted to wish you lots of luck as you star this journey. ;D

Love Andrea
XX

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Olive

Great idea for the separate Fostering thread.  Good luck to you on your journey and glad to read your first visit went well.

Love
Karen x

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
:) Hiya olive and everyone else

Olive thanks very much for setting up this thread there seems to be so much lack of support for people going through fostering???????? Youre a star  ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^ ^Bubble Gum^

As you know olive we are just starting the fostering route too  :)

have you heard anything form the sw yet its awful having to wait int it love but i suppose they have jobs to do dont they????????  ;D

Our friends got accepted and got there 1st fosterchild 1 day after coming back frm turkey in august i know it took them about 12months to go through the process?????? have you been told anything different?????? we have been told we will be put on the 1st lot of training in end of jan beginning of feb (cant wait).

Allthough on the immediate front we have been accepted to do respite care for foster children while going through the registration process :) so here goes we have our 1st respite foster child coming on sunday this week omg thats so quick he is only coming for the day to get used to us and visa versa then after that we are expected to have him for 4 weeks in the next year spread out of course im so excited we all cant wait hee hee  ;D ;D.

well enough on us for now where abouts are you olive?????

take care speak soon love kee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the well wishes ^afro^

kee the sw still hasnt called so will give it until monday and i will call them ^roflamo^ dont want to be too pushy ^roflmao^

we were told that the process in our area takes 6 to 9 months in total usually! so quite good seeing as some are a year or over .
Im in norfolk kee what about you?? I thought we would only have room for one at a time but the social worker said our guest bedroom is perfect for bunkbeds! you should have seen my dh's face ^roflmao^  she also suggested we do 5 to 10 years at first and see how we get on!

wow ^goodluck^ for sunday kee i hope the visit goes well for you!

chat soon
suzie xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Kee & Suzie,

Just popping in to wish you both luck!

Laine

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well sw rang and she and her supervisor want to come back and clarify a couple of things with us , like why we werent going for adoption etc , but other than that she says things seem fine, so we have to wait til dh is back from kenya , so they are coming on the 1st november

thanks for the well wishes laine , hope things are moving along for you  :-*

love
suzie xx

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
:) Olive excellant news on them coming back to see you on the 1st nove not long now  :eek:  :)

Thanks for the good luck wishes laine hows your journey going hunni??????

Well we had our 1st respite foster child for the day with us yesterday all day 9 til 9  ;D had a great time and he had a whale of a time bless him he reallly took to dh patrick mind you they were at the national railway museum they were both like 2 big kids bless them  ;D ;D ;D ;D got home bout 3is then cooked a massive sunday roast which we all enjoyed asked him how his day had been and he replied when can i come again and when can i stay over so we explained to him we have to wait for it to be ok by the sw then he can come for respite for a week he was really pleased bless him!

So on our front an excellant result yesterday  :) :)

p.s if anyone has not been and can get the national railway museum is a great day out it was £6 to park but free to get in and it took us 5 hours to get round and that wasnt even going on everything etc etc! it was one hell of a day!

hows things going olive love love kee xxxxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi kee

sounds like you have a fab day! ^afro^ so chuffed it went well for you! lets hope the sw get theirs bum in gear so he can come stay !!

im ok thanks, dh still in kenya til next week and then sw coming the day after so gonna be a bit manic next week :)

really glad you had a good experience :)

love
suzie xx

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
hey ladies

can i join you? just to give you some info on us-we have been ttc for 7yrs now and are due to do ivf next yr , even though we are due to do ivf i still feel that we could maybe foster so after long talks with dh i have applied for info pack about fostering, i feel it does no harm in enquiring.

i feel at the moment we cant say oh yes we will do it or say no- i think to make that choice we need all the info! have found some fab websites which give great info on the whole process.

good luck

hugs

Mez
xxxx

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
:) welcome mez hun please dont ask if you can join us anyone can join us as far as im concerned lol  ;D

how are you doing anyway chick????????

thats what were trying to do fill some time in while our time comes for icsi as our home feels so lonely at the minute with just megan lol ???  :'( the one thing i have struggled on though was getting information especially from the web! 3 pack never turned up  ^idiot^ maybe its our postie hee hee!???? what sites have you been looking on for any info if you do have any problems give us a shout and ill ask our sw for the detaisl for your area of social services thats if you doing it thorough them or were you going to do it private???? where abouts are you hun?

Speak soon teas just come love kee xxxxx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi mez hunny!

glad you have joined us :) ^afro^

i only applied to our local council for the info as didnt really know where else to look :) 
Tuesday nearly here , so ^fingerscrossed^ for a good visit

love to you both
suzie xx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sw supposed to be coming tonight and they called to say they cant make ait and want to rearrange!! ahhh but they need to call back to rearrange as there are 2 of them coming and they need to confere!!
the annoying thing is i have got the night oiff work for it! and shouldnt have wasted my annual leave!! ahhhhh ^tantrum^ sorry rant over

how are you kee and mez?

love
suzie xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Suzie - That is so annoying!  Should have told you earlier.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Suzie

Sorry to hear they cancelled hope they rearrange it soon and you can progress on your journey.  Keep us posted

Karen x

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just read back my post and noticed my spelling mistakes!! ^roflmao^

thanks laine and karen! if they dont call tomorrow i will call them :)

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Hiya Suzie how yer going love did yer ring them????? what did they have to say for themselves!??? hope you managed to get another appt??? dont worry about the spelling we all know what each other mean lol mine is atrocious lol ???????

well av been Xmas shopping today and managed to get allsorts lol! im going to have to stop buying not likely ive been buying since last xmas?????! lol

hope you manged to get something sorted hunni?

still waiting for my police check to back pats had his since last week and im getting really annoyed about it now grrrrr the sw is ringing me tomorrow not sure what for????? will keep you infomed take care catch yer soon love kee xxxx

Mez where are you hunni????????

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i didnt hear anything so called the office on friday and left a message but no one got back to me !! ^tantrum^

will call them again on monday!

how are you kee and mez?

love
suzie xx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
quick update from me!

i called the office this morning and left a message asking sw to contact me!! we shall see if it is today ^roflmao^

how are we all?

suzie xx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
update

the sw called a minute ago ( typical im at work so hid in the toilet to take the call ^roflmao^ )

they are coming on 22nd so ^fingerscrossed^ it goes ahead :)

love
suzie xx

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.