Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there !!

My third attempt at IVF has been a complete nightmare. I had 15 eggs removed but only 6 were mature. Out of these 6 only 2 managed to fertilize: one is 4 cells at day 2 and the other one is 3 cells with some fragmentation.
Do you think I still stand a chance of the embryos implanting ? My tranfer is scheduled for tomorrow.
I am really stressed.
Thanks to all for your support.

Agathe.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Your embies sound fine....they have the right number of cells for day 2 (should be between 2-4 cells) and many will have some degree of fragmentation.

I've read of plenty of ladies who've only had 1 or 2 embies, and lower grades and still get BFPs (grading is to do with the amount of fragmentation, many grade 1 as top with no fragementation, downt to 4 with quite a bit of fragmentation - other clinics grade the reverse).  If the clinic didn't believe there was a chance of success then they wouldn't transfer......and honestly, there really are no hard and fast rules....a grade 4 embie has just as much chance of implanting and becoming a healthy pregnancy and beyond....as a grade 1 embie.

Good luck for your ET tomorrow
Natasha ^reiki^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts