Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and sorry to bother you as i appreciate you are busy but i just have a query that would be great if i could get some advice.

I have had 4 IUI's (1 bio chemical) and 3 IVF's. Each time when it came tot he embryo transfer the embryologist said that there were alot of fragments around the embryos and that they weren;t of great quality. Does this effect the outcome and is there anything that i could be doing differently. The consultant said on the last consultation after the negative result that they might consider changing my medication from puregon to menupor.

Sorry to babble but i hope you can make this a bit clearer for me.

Many Thanks for your help

Tracey L

·
Registered
856 Posts
Tracey L said:
Hello and sorry to bother you as i appreciate you are busy but i just have a query that would be great if i could get some advice.

I have had 4 IUI's (1 bio chemical) and 3 IVF's. Each time when it came tot he embryo transfer the embryologist said that there were alot of fragments around the embryos and that they weren;t of great quality. Does this effect the outcome

Yes, overall fragmented embryos are less succesful than non-fragmented although I have seen perfectly normal pregnancies arise from heavily fragmented embryos. No one knows the significance of fragments really. If you repeatedly produce fragmented embryos then a full embryological review of your case would be useful.

and is there anything that i could be doing differently.

Possibly, a review would identify this

The consultant said on the last consultation after the negative result that they might consider changing my medication from puregon to menupor.

yes, and changes on the lab side might help to.

Good luck!

Peter

Sorry to babble but i hope you can make this a bit clearer for me.

Many Thanks for your help

Tracey L

1 - 2 of 2 Posts