Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm after a bit of advice, we have just had our 1st consultation and the consultant reccommended that we freeze a sperm sample as a back up for on the day of EC just in case DH doesnt produce a good sample on the day.  DH had his SA done and was 9 mil total and 1.7 million per mil, i know this is low (thats why we are going through this whole process!!) but didnt think it was at a stage where they might not be able to find any to use on the day  :-\ there is no problem with the quality of the sperm just the ammount.  Really confused as to what to do, would hate not to have any to use on the day of EC but never expected to have to freeze any, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
^hugme^

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Charlie
we have a sample frozen at the clinic just incase DH gets ill or can't perform on the day. It cost us £350 to do this but we get £250 back if we either use it on the day or let it defrost within a month of tx (i.e. not storing it for a year). I think it's a good idea, it takes the pressure off DH on the day of EC knowing there is a backup sample in case something goes wrong.
Hope that helps. Good luck.
Claire

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
we also have a backup sample frozen to take the pressure off.

my dh has <0.5 million/ml and they did say we didn't necessarily need a back-up but we decided we'd feel better if we had one.

goodluck

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi hun, sperm samples can change from month to month.. My partners sperm has alway been slighty low, then wen we went it for my ec in november there was no sperm we was devastated.. He ended up having tese and pese on the same day, but still no luck.
They had to freeze 12 of my eggs.
We went bak to hospital thur for my partner to do a sample and it was 25million so to go from nothing to that is great so we have frozen that for bak up. My advice would be to freeze the sperm as we was totally gutted on the day wen there was no sperm to fertilize my eggs..
Good luck hun.. xxxx

·
Registered
472 Posts
We had a problem with hubby doing a sample on the day and had a back up which we used - we were told it would make no difference to the quality at all.

Good luck

Popsy x

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of your replies, i think we have decided to go ahead with freezing a sample as if it came to the day and we didnt have any we would be gutted!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts