Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Not sure where to post this...?!
my LO's poo has changed even though my diet or hers hasn't changed  ^idiot^
the GP said it was entirely normal.. but I'm not convinced..
she has been happily pooing between every feed b/f so nice bright yellow poo  :)
but since last week she has had 2-3 days of abstinence no sign of any poo's just lots of smelly botty burps  ::) (squashy ones ..  not loud ..who did that ones  ;D )  like she used to and then they'll be a god awful explosion of poo and it smells really yeasty  ??? this has happened twice now..
did some searching on the internet and seems normal but have been doing some belly massages and cycling with her legs to help things along.. which may have worked but I reckon its a coincidence.
but she's crying more now .. it really seems as if somethings wrong and crys when she botty burps and looks like she's straining. Poor love has had a small fissure which must hurt when passing anything.. but GP says that she can't deliberatly hold anything back. so why would it happen then and b/f babies rarely get constipated..so I'm confused!

So my question is.. has your LO's poo frequency changed as they've hit the 2-3 month age?
do they poo less when they are 8+ weeks old?
smelly yeasty explosive poo's  ??? ::)
thanks
x

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Alisha,

I just wanted to reassure you that we too found a change in poo habits around the 3-month-old stage. I was exclusively breast-feeding and was worried it was something I was eating or doing wrong. But a friend who has 2 b/fed children told me she had noticed exactly the same thing with her two at this stage. Sure enough, our LO then began to poo every other day for a while, then reverted to every day. When I look back now, I wish I hadn't worried so much - it turned out to be perfectly normal. And, as you say, b/fed babies rarely get constipated. Their wee bodies are undergoing so many changes, these things are bound to vary I suppose.

Good luck!

Kasia

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Hello..

Hmm this sound familiar.. D had a spell around 8 weeks when she didn't poo for a couple of days and seemed in pain and was very miserable. She then started to be quite sick so after a call to the out of hours docs we ended up at A & E. She was constipated even though she was exclusively b/f. A glycerine tablet up her little botty.. soon sorted the prob. (an almighty expolsion btw) and she was fine. She did have spells of pooing all the time and then gaps following this but never had the other symptoms.

I think they do change thier habits a lot and then when you start solids it all changed again !!

Good luck
Starr x

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kasia & starr thanks for replying... probably worrying over nothing! never thought I'd be elated to see poo!!
I'll keep an eye on her botty and have an appointment with paeditrition tommorrow for something else so I'll quiz him too  ;)
thanks again  :)
alisha xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts