Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

When you are having a fresh Egg Donor cycle how difficult/lengthy is the process trying to sync your own cycles to the donor? Currently I personally have irregular menstrual cycles around 55+ days.

Any advice or personal experiences is much appreciated

xx

·
Registered
348 Posts
It is really simple. They put you on a protocol which usually involves you either going on the pill to control your side and then you start estrogen on day 1 of your timed cycle. And the donor is sync'd allowing some days between.

The protocol for you depends on a few things mostly how the clinic like to do it. For me it was a down reg shot in the previous month, scratch on around day 19 in previous month combined with the pill to day 21. Then estrogen to build the lining on day 1 of your period, scan on day 10, 13 to check lining and once your lining is +8mm progesterone starts 5 days before your donor egg retrieval is scheduled.

Worst case scenario embryos are frozen if sync doesn't work out but that's really unlikely.

Best to have husbands sperm sample there ready before egg collection. Frozen and tested is best. And then you don't need to go until transfer day.

Hope that helps. Message with any questions. I have done fresh donor egg two times and about to do my third round now.

Best of luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ZC

Thanks very much for your response. Glad you've explained it and as you said quite simple!

Thanks for the offer of being able to message you over any questions - it's much appreciated!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Worked well for me. Not too different from my own eggs but with a better result. My husband went in on the day of egg collection for his task and that was fine too x good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts