Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Fertility Friends I need you help

I am in a bit of a dilema and would really like to hear from you all  ;)

We have just finished a failed ICSI fresh cycle and we are going to see my consultant in a couple of weeks to decide our next step. We were very lucky in having 2x 8cell embies to freeze which was a complete shocker as my cons said at the begining that I may produce poor quality eggs. Anyway my dilema is do I go with FET and pray & hope they both survive the thaw and hope that I can have two embies for back this time as the fear of one puts me right off!! or spend that £1000 on a fresh cycle of ICSI which reduces my ICSI to £3000.. Oh what a dilema.. If money wasn't an problem I'd go fresh everytime but money is tight and no matter how and which way i look at it we need the best outcome possible.

Can anyone help me and maybe give me their views and personal experiences of FET as I don't know anyone who's gone through it nor much about the outcomes of it.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my post.

xx

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi,

I have been in the same situation as you, but I do have a son from my fresh IVF cycle so I am very lucky.

I had IVF in March 2009 and we got 5 good embies.  I had 2 grade A and grade B embies put back and one is my son.  I have 3 embies frozen, one grade B and two C. 

What concerned me was the low grade of the embies, but at the time my clinic said that they only freeze embies which have a good chance of surviving the thawing process and developing.  So I have to trust them.

Like you, cost is a major factor with us to.  A frozen cycle will cost 1K and a fresh cycle of IVF will cost 5K.  After talking to my husband last night we are going to use the frozen embies in July and then save up for a fresh cycle next year.

There are really positive stories about frozen embies and there is a lady on another fertility website who got triplets from 3 low grade frozen embies and she was completely shocked.

Also the frozen embies you have are a good grade I believe from the amount of cells they have, so good luck to you and me :)

Stacey

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
staceysm

Thank you so much for your wonderful note to me.. It means everything to hear of someone in the same situation with the same dilema!! I agree with what you say and I think I have made my mind up to go ahead with the 2 frozen ones and if all fails then we will have to save for a fresh cycle next year as I can't leave my embies in the freezer to be too cold!!

I'm going to start in July too.. we'll have to keep intouch as we'll prop cycle together.. well depending upon dates!! xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts