Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
We are about to start a cycling at the ARGC again with our one and only frostie. I've done the monitoring cycle and all is well. I thought the first thing I had to do was a mid-cycle scan but I phoned on day 1 and they said I needed a Day 1-3 test. Which I'm surprised about as I didn't think that was necessary following my monitoring cycle last month. Is this normal procedure at ARGC?

Cheers
Lucy

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hi Lucy,

Yes, the FET cycle is very closely monitored so that they can decide on medicated or non-medicated.  I had to do D1-3 bloods, then every day (plus one double) after ovulation so that they could decide exactly when to put the embryo back.  So that was about 6 days testing pre transfer!  I wasn't expecting it so was a bit disorganized with our daughter, she had to come with me several times, which was hard on her.

best of luck,
Katz

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Lucy

We did a  FET in July with our last remaining frostie (and it worked so positive thoughts although we know how lucky we were). I do not remember it being monitored as much - I had day 1-3 bloods (no monitoring cycle - as I had done a full cycle in March), blood test to show I had ovulated, scan and then a couple of bloods near the end. But I found it very straight forward - it really depends on the individual and whether you are having a medicated or natural cycle. I think they always try with a natural cycle first and then move on to medicated if your levels are not responding as well.

Good luck for your cycle... it really can happen..

Tx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. I'm going a bit crazy at the moment getting wound up about it all, for some reason I think I'm worse this time than the first time which is strange as the fresh cycle is so much more intense.

I too am going to have to bring my daughter along at times. She came with me today and was very good, we even saw Mr T. I said to Charlotte "He made you".

Fingers crossed this cycle will be a success too!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Not that I'm about to head down to ARGC but when I finally do I am concerned my fsh may not be so good. I was wondering how important ARGC make fsh for fet. Anyone been told "not this month" for fet based on a >10 fsh?

·
Registered
578 Posts
aua-it's still important-they pay as much attention to detail as a fresh cycle!  There standards don't change  :)  That's why there the best  ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^ ^cloud9^

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi,

I am going through a FET cycle at the moment. I did have to have the day 1- 3 bloods done as they look at your hormone levels and make sure they are ok for you to start. I am booked in for a mid cycle scan and more immune bloods on Thursday.

I asked about the process and they said after your scan you will go away to do the ovulation kits and you phone them on your surge. 2- 3 days later you go in for bloods and then aparantly (sp) every day after that. i am new to the argc so am going with the flow :)

All the best of luck with your cycle :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there

I had the worse day of my life yesterday. On Sunday we were told the transfer was going to be Monday or Tuesday. So DH and I went off to London yesterday morning for early bloods. After nearly knawing my fingers off with nerves and anticipation we finally had a call from the clinic to say it would be today but there were lots of transfer so ours wouldn't be till 5ish. They also said as it was just a single embie they'd defrost an hour prior to see if it thawed well.

I was super nervous but nothing prepared me for the call I got at 3.45pm (certainly not our consultation in the summer when the doctor gave a very high success rate on thawing). One of the embiologists (Debbie) called to say that she was sorry but only 30% of the cells had thawed well and they didn't advise transfer below 50. I felt like I'd been hit by a steam roller. I couldn't believe it. We went in to talk to Debbie and she said that we could still choose to proceed with the transfer (many do) but there really was only 1% chance of it taking (only worked once before at ARGC). She told us to take an hour to think about. How do you decide something so huge in one hour????

Anyway we talked around around in circles but finally decided that regardless of chance of success, it was still our little one and we weren't going to give up on it. So we had the transfer and now have the even more tortuous 2ww. We are both close to tears most of the time and its hard to be positive but I know we did the right thing.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Lucy
x

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Lucy ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  to you and DH - what a day  :-\
Sending you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ that your little beanie hangs in there! Oh and lots of these:

^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^ ^sticky vibes^

xxx

·
Registered
921 Posts
Lucie, it's never straightforward is it?  We had 3 embies when we did FET and wanted a SET - the embryologist called an hour into the thaw to say there was only 1 left as the other two had not thawed properly.  It is incredibly stressful and we too had a poor one transferred as we felt we shouldn't leave it, so I do know how you feel. 

take care

Xx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you - feeling more positive now and having everything crossed  ^reiki^

1 - 11 of 11 Posts