Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! 馃憢
I am new to all of this so I鈥檓 wondering if anyone can answer this for me?

I started a cycle of IVF PGD in May. The nurse called me last week to say that I was to call to book my frozen embryo transfer when my next period is due (today or tomorrow). She explained that I would need to fo for scans etc beforehand and that I would be taking more medication.

My dad has since became very ill in hospital and I can鈥檛 even concentrate on anything at the moment. The thought of having all the pressure of the transfer on top of worrying is proving too much.
My question is can I postpone my transfer for a month or two? I know the eggs can be frozen for years, however I was wondering if there was a timeline etc? Can I just call when I want to book? Forgive me if this is a really silly question :rolleyes:

Registered
Hi Chicopico

Every clinic is different but my understanding and experience with mine is I鈥檝e had the choice when to start treatment (fresh and frozen) so I can鈥檛 see a problem with delaying treatment. Eggs can be frozen for years and if you are private you will just need to pay per year or every two years for this.

I had treatment at a very bad time - very similar circumstances to you and put myself under loads of pressure that I needed to go through with treatment. I would highly recommend only to have treatment when you feel ready - as expected mine failed terribly!!!!

Good luck and I really hope your Dad is okay xxx

Registered
Hello
Your embryos, you pay for them to be freezed, you use them whenever you feel like. The clinic cannot impose this on you. You are the client. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts