Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had/ undergoing fertility treatment with frozen sperm?  My husband was treated for cancer 10 years ago which left him infertile and we are about to look into fertility treatments using his frozen sperm.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hiya soulcyster

I am currently in my 2ww after FET treatment - we have got frozen sperm, still waiting for our positive but i am sure we will get it one day. We have had 2 failed ivf with frozen sperm. We decided that the quality and quantity meant IUI was not really an option for us but your Dr will advise you. Wishing you lots of luck for your future treatment. There are quite a few others having fertility treatment after/during cancer treatment - heres the link .......

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,115.0.html

Glad your DH is ok now and best wishes ^reiki^

Clare

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Soulcyster,

We do not have frozen sperm from pre-cancer but we do have a frozen biopsy with sperm from after cancer treatment.

We have had 3 fresh ICSI cycles and 2 FET's - all negative. Please don't let this put you off as our problems are different. It was not until after cancer tx that my DH was found to be azoospermic.

Some partners of cancer survivors are able to have IUI (inseminations) rather than having to go the "whole hog" and go straight to IVF. This is only possible if you have lots of frozen sperm and the quality is OK.

Good luck! Please let me know if there is anything specific you would like to know.

With warmest regards,

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hiya Mookie

Yeah - here i am again in the 2ww!  Massive congrats to you with your BFP you preggie girls are an inspiration!  :)

Clare
xx

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi!  Thanks for all your replies!  I'm really pleased I found this site and support network.  I will keep you all posted - our first appointment is next week with the clinical scientist at the storage facility.  Does anyone know what this involves and will the Dr. refer us to a fertility clinic?   

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Hi soulcyster

Good luck for your appointment next week.  We were referred to our ACU through our GP and if you are in a lucky enough postcode area (!) you may get funding so your gp is a good start.  We only have 1 ACU near us - well 2 hours drive so the sperm is stored there as well so it may be a bit different to how it will work for you.  Keep us updated - it will be nice to hear how your doing.

Take care
Clare
x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.