Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

I come to you in desperation!! Ive just had my latest blood test results thro to take to my first consultation at 'CARE' and they have come back with these results, im gutted!
My last results were 43, ive been taking clomid for 4 cycles now (this being my forth) and had the blood taken on CD4 (whilst taking clomid CD2 - CD6) could clomid have effected my results?
The NHS doc said that he thinks I may have 70% POF/ PM or 30% PCOS, is there anyway it could still be PCOS with a reading this high?
Had anyone ver gone on to get pregnant with their own eggs with a reading like this?
Please someone anyone write back, im going out my mind! Work have just sent me home because I cant stop crying  :'( :'( :'( xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, Ive just read this on the net, do you think this might be true?

Leutinizing Hormone (LH): normal day 3 LH levels are 5-20 mlU/ml.  If your LH levels are high in ratio to your FSH levels, this could indicate that you aren't in menopause or going through premature ovarian failure, but instead have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) which can cause some similar symptoms.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hi honey,

I am so sorry that I do not have answers but I do hope you find someone who can clarify?  Looking at your FSH levels and how high they are would indicate POF however; if you say that you are on clomid and evidence supports this may affect your levels then I am out of ideas.  ^idiot^

Take care of yourself and try not to get too worked up over the news until all is a bit clearer.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Amanda x

·
Registered
397 Posts
linz1982 firstly  ^hugme^

I'm so sorry you have been messed about.  I was exactly the same.  Went for bld tests every few months to be told by registras they were "inconsistent", "possibly POF", "possible PCOS". Demanded to see the consultant I was assigned to and he told me that it wasn't POF because my LH results were "not as high as expected" and sent me to the fertility clinic for IVF. At the clinic I was then told it was POF and that there was no way I could have IVF as FSH was too high.  So I know how you feel being knocked about.

My FSH reading were lowest 43 to 178.  They did fluctuate but after one course of clomid it went very high.  So I definatelhy think clomid effects FSH.  I'm sorry I don't have my LH results to hand.  Have you had an AMH test done?  Have you posted on the PCOS board to check with their results?  I'm sorry I can't be more help.  It does seem that there are a lot of similarities between PCOS and POF. 

I hope you find the answers you are looking for.  ^hugme^

Kittyxxxxx

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
thanks for your reply. No I havent had my AMH test done yet, im going private and my first consultation is Friday the 6th of June, going to ask then  ^pray^

My DH wont have DE (not yet anyway  ;)) but I am working on him. He reckons that 'if it was meant to be then it would happen', what do men know  ^idiot^  :)

I suffer with hot sweats and have done when I was on the pill and off the pill, so im sure that I have POF. Im gutted really, I dont know anybody (except for on here) who has ever had it. It seems that clomid has made my levels go high too. The NHs have told me to keep taking them and 'it takes time', yeah right!

I would love anyone to PM me if they have any advise or success stories ANything that can help really. Im currently having acupunture and reflexologym hope it works  ^pray^

Good luck ladies with all that your doing xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

Yes I will take a look at that  :)

Thanks hun xxxxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts