Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had good FSH readings, but one in 2005 was 23.  The latest was 2.5.  Also had AMH result at 19.5, so that's satisfactory.

One of my consultants said that FSH readings for POF ladies fluctulate like a "bell".  So, when I asked her to explain, she said that POF ladies will have a high fsh then it will go really low and high again.  Not sure what to make of this, has anyone else been told this?

Thanks

Jo
x

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi Jo

My FSH levels did fluctuate (albeit still very high) from 83 down to 45.  I was hoping it would come down even further but then I had one cycle of clomid and it went up over 100, so that knocked that on the head.  I was just too far gone but your results are good (my AMH was 0.2 undetectable)  I think most of the girls on here experience fluctuating FSH levels. 

Are you on any fertility treatment?

Kittyxxxx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks.  Not had any treatment since last October, frozen cycle.  Had tests done in January.  I think what consultant is trying to say is that I should ignore the 2.5 reading and just accept that since I have had a fairly high reading (23) that I am POF.  But, I can't quite accept it with an ok reading of FSH and AMH.

J
x

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi Jo

Sorry didn't read your profile re treatment. You've been through the mill.  ^hugme^

Doesn't seem right does it just to ignore a good reading?  If only we could tell in advance which months the FSH levels were going to be lower.  It seems that with POF, high and low FSH levels can go on for some time.  But surely you should still have a chance when it is like that, especially given your good AMH result?  Its all so confusing.  My readings were all above 43 so even though I am classed as having POF, I am well and truly menopausal.  Out of interest, do you have any symptoms i.e hot flushes, night sweats?

Kittyxxxx

·
Registered
736 Posts
Jo - Mine fluctuated between 10.5 and 19 in just a few months.

Kitty - Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I hope you don't mind my asking but, with your fsh reading, how old are you and did you conceive with your own eggs?

Alegria xx

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi Alegria

Our bundle of joy is nearly 26 wks old now.  We went to Spain for DE IVF as my consultant gave me a 0.5% chance of ever conceiving given my FSH results, so no chance of a miracle for me. I was diagnosed at 31 but looking back I had problems with irregular AF's since the age of 16/17 and I believe that my symptoms may have been masked by taking the pill for years.  Back then I was advised by my GP that irregular periods were normal, I never had bld tests and was told that if I wanted them to be regular, to take the pill.  ^idiot^

There are very few ladies on here that has FSH levels what I would call through the roof, so please bare that in mind and don't get disheartened as FSH's levels that dip in and out of "normal" range must still give you a good chance and there seems to be plenty of girls that are getting treatment/meds to help. I was never offered anything, I was just too far gone.

Good luck ^fairydust^

Take care

Kittyxxx

·
Registered
736 Posts
Thank you  ^hugme^

And how exciting! Just a bit more to go and your dream of motherhood will come true. Enjoy!!  :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think my tickers is confusing as its called "bump and beyond" DS is no longer a bump, he was born in December.  :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sorry, I misunderstood and thought that you were still nearly 26 wks pregnant! Double congratulations then!!!! Lucky you, already fully enjoying the joys of motherhood  :)

All the best,

Alegria  ^hugme^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts