Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I hope you can help.
We were hoping to start our icsi treatment (DH 2% morph ) in Jan 05 on Day 21.  My doctor agreed to do most of the blood tests for us  - I had then done earlier this year in april but the private fertility clinic wanted up to date ones.

I went for my day 3 fsh on 30th nov and we had the rest of the tests done last week.  When I enquired at the doctors about the results of the FSH (my previous one was 5.4 - i am 38) the did not have them.  They checked with the path lab and there is no record of them !!!! Losing the blood sample seems like it will put us back 2 months!!  :(

My problem is that my next period is due to start on xmas eve and the blood centre will be closed at xmas until 29th dec which will be day 5.
Is it ok to have the fsh on day 5 ? or do you suggest that i wait until the next day 3 at end of jan?
many thanks.
Fay.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi

i had my LH and FSH done about day 8 my dr told me to have mine done after i finished my cycle and before i would ovulate which he told me to go between day 8 -10.My LH came back as 6.7 and FSH 7.8 and i was told these are normal.I have read on here some women go around day 3-5 .So i don't know whether my dr got it wrong as he was giving me info on other things or not.
Sorry i can't help anymore.

bookworm

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I find different consultants go with different days. One didn´t mind what day it was done up to day 7, while another said it had to be day 2 or 3. I would suggest you ask the centre which day of cycle do they want otherwise, I would hate for you to do one thing and find it was not what they wanted.

Ruth

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think it's safe to say anytime up to day 7 is usually appropriate.  But as Ruth says, different consultants have different preferences.  In my lab we recommend between days 1 - 5.
Quackers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Fay,

That's awful that they lost your bloods!!  How frustrating!  :mad:

I'm the same, I'm expecting my period next week and was told to go into the clinic for bloods on the 2nd day.  When I asked what I should do if my 2nd day was xmas day(!) they gave me a kit so that I could take it to a hospital on xmas day.  She seemed quite keen that it should be the 2nd day though.  So I would check with your clinic - you don't want to leave it later and then find that they won't accept it.
Good luck  :)

BH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts