Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Hope this isnt tmi!  I am in my 2ww and have a lot of AF type pains but I keep needing to pee and when I go its not concentrated at all - very clear and there is hardly any of it but there is a funny smell.  I think the best way to describe it is being like the smell of a boys toilet (if that makes sense!!)  I wondered if anyone else had experienced this.  I had 2 embies put back on Friday and this is my first go at IVF and never experienced this when I did IUI.  Am fairly convinced its not an infection as there is no itching or stinging!  But am constipated (badly!)  ^tmi^

Hope someone can help! 

Have tried the search but it seems to be mainly bringing up people who are into a pregnancy or given birth. 

Thanks
xx

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi Libeth,

Why don't you just pop along to your doctor, he can quickly test whether you have an infection etc by dipping a dipstick into your urine. You want to be in as good condition and as worry free as possible through 2ww without worrying about urine!

Sometimes after an operation my urine smells a bit different, sometimes has gone away itself but it was once an infection so I did need antibiotics to clear it up! (Had no other symptoms either!)

Good luck on your 2ww

Emma

·
Registered
791 Posts
Are you on the lovely pessaries? They can make your wee a bit funny!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi button

Yes am on the delightful pessaries - am peeing at least three to four times an hour at the moment and its a nightmare!  I am testing the day after you (but will probably be earlier at this rate!!).  Am knicker checking constantly too!!!

xx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi I agree with Chocolate Button

Not only can the pessaries make your wee smell funny, an enhanced sense of smell is a side effect of both your HCG Trigger Jab and your progesterone support.  It's quite common for people on here to think there wee smells of sugar puffs during 2ww! ;)

^goodluck^

Axxxx

·
Registered
791 Posts
oh I have just laughed so much I can't believe what you just said Mandy  ;D

I love sugar puffs and on first tx I couldn't get enough of them. I thought Id eated so much I was imagining my wee smelt of them. Now I know I wasn't the only one and it actually had nothing to do with the honey monster! Oh Im sore laughing now  ;D

Yip Im peeing constantly too all side effects of the little blighters. Knicker checking is common on tww!!!
Lets hope may is good for us. xx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Glad I could help hun, Sugar Puff wee is common on these boards!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

^goodluck^ to both of you

Axxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts