Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth & all,

I am currently on my 2nd ICSI cycle & scheduled to do my trigger injection tonight - ec is on Wednesday.

I have just one question, my clinic advised that embryo transfer would likely be on Friday. That tells me that my embies won't have had much time to develop before being put back in. A friend at my clinic who had ICSI had a 4 day gap between ec & et & got a BFP.

Just trying to understand if there is a difference if the embryos are left a little longer before being put back in & could I ask to delay a day or two ?

Thanks

B x

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi B

Normally it's 2 days after EC - but some clincics do a 3 day transfer (and I guess even a 4 day transfer) which gives them chance to determine which are the best of the best and put the 2 back that have the best chance.

Some clinics go to day 5 (blastocyst) - my clinic wanted to do this with our embies this time around, but would only do if we had 6 or more, as some might not have made it to blast and we could have ended up with none.

Embies are best off in their natural home, which is why I think most clinics do a 2 day transfer - I guess if you had lots of good looking embies they might leave it another day to see if some do better than others, you could ask.

Blasts are meant to be most successful, but not everybody has enough embies to risk going to blast.

I've not explained myself at all well here - sorry - I hope somebody else can put it in better English - I'm having a bad day!!!

Kim
xx

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Kim explained to perfectly!!! It is usually day 2 but day 3 can be helpful if you have a number of embryos but it may also depend on what days your clinic works!!

Good luck!!!

Ruth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.