Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies this is an area where you can discuss gender selection without fear of upsetting ladies who are still on their journey & may be struggling with infertility. Normal site guidelines apply.
Happy chatting  :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know of any place in Europe where IVF gender selection is allowed?

Have any one of you gone through IVF after having other children? If yes, do you know of any centre which can offer childcare to the other children whilst adults are at the clinic for their appointments? Have no support from family members and have a 5 year old and a 7 year old......would not like to go to appointments all by myself whilst hubby stays with them.......

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great news bluestone great numbers. I'm out here atm had retrieval Monday so far so good 13 retrieved 11 fertilised and had embryoscope update today an all split some better than others but fingers xd grading tomorrow is good ready for pgd transfer booked in Saturday if we get a few boys. I had a horrible experience at Malpas moved after first night wifi was horrible was given a dirty room first and changed rooms to diamond court it was awful an no wifi so we asked to move an now at Rocks an it's amazing perfect location right in the harbour an town centre. Malpas is ages away middle of know where you would need to rely on taxi/hire car to get around an food was very average. Had a great experience with TM they are very kind caring people and respond straight to me on ********. Sorry had to stay off while preparing myself but I'm here I'm happy stress free and couldn't be in a better frame of mind.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Kim,

Huge congrats on your egg collection and fertilisation. Here's hoping for blue bubbles on Saturday.

I'm totally shocked about the Malpas. We had a fab room, fab wifi and beautiful food there in March. I've even booked up again for September so I truly hope it's a one of.. That's just terrible. Bless you.

Xx

·
Registered
183 Posts
Kim I'm sure you will have a few boys in there. I have everything crossed for u. We had a similar experience in Malpas, although we had a nice room we had horrendous neighbours who partied all night and drove us insane.keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ladies your posts have been moved to this thread specifically for gender selection re my previous post:

bundles said:
Ladies it has become apparent that there is a fair bit of chatter about gender selection on this thread. This is unacceptable. Since this is more of a lifestyle choice, than an infertility issue, it can come across as insensitive to those who are still struggling to get their baby, or even pregnant. In view of this it has been decided that you can have your own area to discuss any issues you may have. You can still post on the clinic cycling threads but any excessive reference to gender selection may be removed without notice.

A new Cycle thread has been started to draw a line under this:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=346784.0

Gender Selection Thread:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=346791.new#new

Feel free to PM me if you require further clarification.

Bundles
Any subsequent posts on the general cycling thread will initially be moved to here without further notification. Persistent posts will simply be deleted. Please understand that this is for the benefit of ladies cycling who are not yet fortunate enough to be pregnant or have a baby in their arms.

Bundles

·
Registered
117 Posts
Updates on us we got our two boys transferred today out of 11 that went to biopsy we had only 3 healthy eggs and they were boys!!! Two had started hatching other was a little behind so we transferred the two best ones. So happy the tests were all other 8 came back with abnormalities and stopped growing yesterday. Totally over the moon now it's the 2ww. As for Malpas kinda off glad we moved cause they had some week dance party there starting shortly after we arrived so you could imagine the noise going on!! I guess everyone's experiences are different with each hotel. TM have been amazing with us but unfortunately heard bad news today that they are stopping gender selection. They will only honour patients with deposits or have previously been in contact with them. Some clients have been very horrible an abusive to the team if they don't have success am so desperate for that particular gender they have decided it's best to focus on IVF patients having difficulty getting pregnant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I didn't realise they were stopping gender selection that reason, I thought l heard there might be a law change in north Cyprus to make gender selection illegal. Does anyone have anymore information about this?

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Hi RDream, the clinic I went to this year has been doing gender selection - that's in North Cyprus. It's Team Miracle. I did see a message recently to say they had stopped doing it, but it would be worth dropping then an email just to check. I think other Northern Cyprus clinics like Dogus also offer it. There's talk about the law changing, but they still offer it on their website (?) Clearly I'm not an expert :)

We had a cycle at TM in May  and they welcome children but don't offer childcare. We went with my 2 year old and my OH looked after her in the reception area while I had a scan - they put cartoons on the TV there for her. When I had ET we had a private room so he kept her occupied there while I had the transfer.

·
Super Moderator
4,533 Posts
Ladies

I've merged the threads on this topic so everyone can find all the information in one place

Grey xx

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi CEV18 I have just finished my cycle with TM in North Cyprus as far as I know it's not illegal as yet but they will be only treating patients who have put down deposit and going within 6 mths. Where did you hear they have now stopped completely? I know the gov are not happy about it so that's why they wanted to stop sooner before it becomes an issue. Dubai is defiantly an option for GS Cheaper than USA where my first attempt was.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Ladies,

The coordinator at Dogus confirmed that there is a change in the law, which will prohibit gender selection.She didn't specify when it will be effective.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
that is such a shame............
i got in at the right time and did not even think that they may stop GS!

xx

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is Morgana I had a few ladies in Australia very upset when I told them the news. Other options would be Dubai just not sure which clinic is the best. We loved our stopover in Dubai it's a very fascinating growing city and it would have been an option for us if Cyprus was not on the table.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi ladies I just received updates that TM in Cyprus will be continuing to do PGD gender selection for all international patients. Which is very good news and highly recommend them when choosing your clinic.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Kim83 - That's a big change from the direction it seemed to be going in. You mentioned "international" patients. Is there any indication as to whether PGD/GS is being outlawed for domestic North Cypriot  (and/or Turkish) patients, but an exception is being made for international patients? Have you heard anything in regards to other changes in the law?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Id be interested to know as an Aussie thread on another site has just started up and I've given a few of the ladies a head up one he clinics in Cyprus have been in contact with TM and they're still saying that they are doing gender selection so it seems there is a lot of confusion and maybe misinformation going on or just plain muddled wires, so confusing !

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is a big change Srygrl as far as I know it's been banned for domestic Cyprus but international patients will be allowed I know they were having a few issues with abuse from some domestic clients. I'm on one of the main Australian forums on gender selections and one of the girls just got a reply a few days ago saying it will be allowed for international patients only. There was talk of it changing to 3 max put back but I can not confirm the truth. Some of the coordinators are away atm and when they get back im sure it will all be confirmed the new changes. I know recently the girls there have only been having 3 put back. When I was there 2 mths ago I was told on day of transfer it will be banned due to Turkish gov but it has been confirmed for international.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Praying4ababe it's Cyprus IVF Centre.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts