Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi ladies have any of you cycled at Bahceci clinic in N Cyprus? I am considering this clinic over TM but am looking for other people who have experience of them or are due to cycle with them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI Sporty, from what I have gathered online, it is possible to do pgd for gender selection on frozen embies. Not all clinics do this though - you'll need to find out from your clinic if they do it. Also, other factors may affect your success such as the freezing method used, the quality of the embryos before freezing etc.

I am sure your clinic will be able to give you more information on this, but generally frozen embryos can be biopsied (or re-biopsied) for gender.

Which clinic did you use/or planning to use?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Sporty yes you can do testing on frozen embies I'm pretty sure desperate4blues is doing it with TM on last embies but the further testing not just standard pgd testing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Ladies,

I had a fresh transfer of 2  male embryos yesterday at Dogus  (DP has 2 girls - he said he'd be fine with another girl, but I thought it would be nice if we could have a boy for a change. No doubt we would'very gone for a girl if he had 2 boys!) Six were put on ice - 4 girls and 2 boys. (So out of 8 blasts using donor eggs for which PGD was done, 50% were male).

In the fresh cycle we did in June (again, trying for a boy), we had 3 males and 6 females. (So Rohi, I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to whether Microsort was used) In any case, we previously had 2 fresh cycles in the Czech Republic, and each time we got 2 blasts, so getting 9 and 8 blasts is a big improvement on this. If this or the next cycle doesn't work, we may take it as a cosmic sign that we are really meant to have a girl!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow SryGirl - were you trying for a boy?

I am a bit worried. Dogus knew you were trying for a boy, so they would have done a boy sort using microsort and yet you got 75% girls??? How good is this Microsort then?

You seem to at leas thave gotten 50% gender split in your latest cycle. I am even more worried now  :-\ :-\

·
Registered
117 Posts
Rohi
In USA I had 50/50 boy and girl ratio no Microsort in Cyprus I went with TM and had 3 healthy and 100% male which is what I wanted. But yes I do know a woman who did Microsort with TM and got 1 girl 2 boys and wanted girls and that transfer failed of the 1 transferred. It can only help if you have the option but it hasn't been available in USA for many years due to lack of research into it working but I wouldn't be too focused on the Microsort stage and know pgd is 99.9% accurate but it's never a guarantee it will work first or second time despite falling pregnant easily, IVF is hard and expensive. Stay positive don't focus too much on statistics they all can achieve success but it may take you more than once cause the meds may not react well in your body. Good Luck in your decision making.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Kim83! I am trying not to focus on the stats as you said - each person's body and journey is unique  :).

All the best with your twin pregnancy.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Ladies,

My blood tests came back yesterday (9dp5dt) and I have a beta of 185, so definitely strong! I'll have to wait a few weeks before finding out whether one or both of my boys are in there!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great news SryGrl i wish you all the best mine was 780 14dp5dt!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks! I'll have another set of bloods later today.

·
Registered
69 Posts
CEV18 said:
Hi ladies have any of you cycled at Bahceci clinic in N Cyprus? I am considering this clinic over TM but am looking for other people who have experience of them or are due to cycle with them?
CEv18, I had good experience at bahceci, I may help you

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Hi girls sorry gatecrashing but is baheci the ONLY clinic now offering gender selection? Can anybody tell me a rough price with own eggs? Thanks x

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Blondie -

Dogus was still doing GS when I cycled in November. I don't know the full cost with OE, as I had DE. I think that the extra cost for PGD with GS is €1,000.
Xx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi i am cycling at bahceci next month , rough price for ivf including GS is 5,500 euros, i am very hopeful as heard very good reviews and they been very helpful so far xx so fingers crossed , done all tests and stuff and bought my medecines jow just waiting for next month to start :) my inbox is always open if u need any help xx

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi Blondie,

Gender Selection is legal in Cyprus so all clinics would offer GS if they have the equipment.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Yeah I assumed it was legal all over Cyprus too lily but if you look 2-3 pages back on this thead there is a post saying it's now illegal so a bit confused 😜

That's a better cost than I thought tbh, will definitely pass this information on thanks x

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Sorry fsh did you get your meds in Cyprus or UK, assume meds on top of that 5.5k??

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got them from uk , asda do them the cheapest , but still adds up around a thousand pounds if ur like me low amh and high fsh etc , ifnot would be around £400 roughly not too much

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Still pretty good price too 👍

·
Banned
25 Posts
Hi Berry and Fsh, could you give more details about the gender determination? What is the success rate because the it is really a good price? And do you really recommend it? Whay are the reasons you went for it?  :)

21 - 40 of 51 Posts