Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 825 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We stayed at a great family run hotel right by the historic district and embassies. I'll try and find the info for you.

·
Registered
880 Posts
thanks Mini, welcome to our new home everyone!
xx

·
Registered
761 Posts
just bookmarking!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm looking at going in June. There is a great little hotel right by the Charles Bridge if anyone is wondering where to stay. http://www.dumuvelkeboty.cz/

/links

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi lovelies having never been to Prague before wouldnt have a clue where's best to stay for Gennet but do know on another thread House At The Boot was recommended by loads.

Looks really nice is it within the vicinity??

I'm having nightmare getting my copy results from Liverpool Womens.. Requested them 10 Nov and after numerous chasers they've now sent me a form to complete subject to charges and up to 40 days wait!?

Once that's done then I can get ball rolling with Gennet..Lets hope its successful for us ladies. Mines DEIVF as I'm knocking on  ;) 42 in May with no children!  :-[

Praying this works for us all  ^pray^

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dum u Velky Boty is literally "House at the Big boot". It is a family owned B & B. Jan the owner took great care of us. Even gave tips about cab drivers ripping you off and calling a trusted company for us when we needed one. His son researched the internet and called several hotels for us. We were looking at going to Czechy Krumlov (sp?) over a popular weekend and could not find an open hotel. We never did end up there but it was very nice of his son helping us. They made breakfast to order.  The hotel is not that close to the clinic, a 25 minute walk (not recommended by hotel). There is public transportation close to the hotel and a cab ride is about $7.00 if I remember right. The first time we took a cab so we could find it, and after ET. Otherwise we used their public transportation.

Mrs. T- you must be very frustrated trying to get your reports after such a length of time.

I would suggest wearing a long T-shirt or sleep shirt at ET. I made the mistake of wearing a 2 pc pajama set thinking it would comfy. They take you back to the surgical room with a team of people and have you talk to the embryologist through a window that goes into the lab. They had me drop my drawers and walk to the table butt naked. They do not give you anything to cover so the 5 minute procedure you are up in stirrups with all the world to see. When I look back it is quite a laughable experience.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just returned from my initial consultation at Gennet. I was super impressed with them! They did everything they could to make me feel at ease and were SO kind, caring and empathetic. Lenka, especially, was so lovely. The facility is state of the art and everyone was very professional. We didn't know what to expect before coming here, but were very pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend Gennet!  :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Herewegoagain, that's the 2nd time I've heard about the over exposure!! during ET, it sounds so funny now, but I'm sure u were mortified at the time. I am armed with a long night shirt to provide some coverage all tho once the legs are akimbo I'm not sure it'll be any use!!!
Willclem that's great to hear. I should be out there for EC this time next week.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi willcementine ... thats so made me feel better bout things. Must admit Lenka has been super efficient replying to my emails.

Just have a git feeling that Gennet is the right one for us, dont know why!

As soon as I ge my copy results of fertility tests I can complete forms and mail everything to Lenka. She seems to think if paperwork all in order and ok'd by consultant we may only need to go over for treatment.

You OE or DE.. I'm the latter. Added you to my buddies list hope thats ok? Where you based? Whats your story? Sorry if I'm being too nosey!

I'm almost 42 DH nearly 44. Despite our ages neither of us have any children. Been together over 10 years although only wed Oct 08.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to say that I had my 3rd and 4th IVFs at Gennet, and am happy to say that the last one was a sticky BFP and I'm nearly 20 weeks gone! They are a great clinic and I would highly recommend them - Dr D is a very kind man, and the team of nurses are great. I also had an IVF at Pronatal in Prague and WOULD NOT recommend them.

I laughed re: the nightdress/pyjamas saga. On my first EC, I also had pyjamas, but kept the bottoms on on till the last second!! And then when I was coming round from the anaestheic and a bit woozy, I apparently accused the nurses of stealing my PJ bottoms  ^idiot^  the next time I was well-prepared with a nightie :)

Wanted to wish you all the best of luck, and if I can be of any help re: Prague, Gennet or anything, drop me a pm!

TM xxx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all

Best of luck Bellabing - follow you on wol. Hope everything goes great for you x

Trundlemouuse - thanks for sharing your news. Congratulations- hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well  ^hugme^

AFM gearing up for appt in February - got all the forms from Lenka today to complete and she said ok for  DH to leave sample etc on that date. After that should have a date for DEIVF within about 3/4 months.

So excitied - just want to have our appt and get a date to focus on 

Bigdel

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi Bigdel,
trying to figure out who you are on WOL!
Not going too well for me i'm afraid, not responding well to meds. On Day 9 today, started stims day 2 and have just 3 follicles and only one of them increased in size since scan last friday. So its not looking to hopeful.
Have another scan on wednesday and then a decision will be made as to whether we continue or not. ^eyes^

Isn't 3/4 months quick for DE, thats great. You won't feel it coming. Is it just a consult you go over for in Feb and DHs sample of course.

Trundlemouse, thanks for sharing your great news. its such a boost to hear good news stories. ^hugme^
xx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh no hun - I am sorry to hear that. Are you managing to get much rest in or are you on the go all the time? This IVF lark is not easy :(

fingers crossed for you that there might be some good news on Wednesday

I don't post on wol anymore - but do keep an eye on everyone - sometimes find it hard as most of the guys I started with have moved to mums and kids - delighted for them of course - but just want to be there myself !!

Yes - we have decided on DE route for financial reasons - as we don't have much more to give and feel this may give us the best chance of success. Tis a bit daunting to be honest but I am feeling very positive about it.

Yes - having our consult in February and leave sample - Lenka said max 2/3 months from then which I am really pleased about.

bigdel - best of luck

·
Registered
880 Posts
Fair play to you on your DEIVF decision, it gets some great results, doesn't it? Its great that there is not a huge waiting list in gennet, and the cost is so much better than doing it here!
Friend of mine got her BFP first go with DEIVF in madrid after 4 cycles in dublin where she failed to respond.
Its something we may have to consider. Was just talking about it with dh earlier, not an easy topic to discuss but has to be anyway.
Did you do many cycles to date?
It is tough on WOL when everyone else has moved on to number 2 or 3 and you're still waiting for number 1, don't i know.
Thanks for the good wishes. I have been taking it so easy, its not funny, i'm so flipping tired taking it easy!!
xx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had 1 IUI - BFP but m/c , 1 ICSI - 0 embryos made to blast, 1 ICSI cancelled due to premature ovulation

Just felt not very positive and next time we will try this and see what happens. Well for 6K we can't afford to see what happens !!!! So we have decided to try DEIVF.

to be honest we cannot believe we are going down this route but DH kinda mentioned it and then got very enthusiastic about the possible results. We may try an own egg again in the future but at this stage we want to see what kind of results we get from doner so fingers crossed :)

Will log on tomorrow to see how you get on.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Bigdel you poor thing, you've been thro so much.
There is such a great chance of DE working, with the younger perfect eggies you could have some snowbabies too, i can see how your dh is excited. Snowbabies just imagine!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^
xx

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bellabing, sorry to hear you are going through this right now. I also had 2 OE cycles that the eggs took longer to mature. There is always hope, so hang in there.

We were successful with our 1st DE cycle. It was a difficult decision to make to move to DE but do not have unlimited resources of money and time.

I just sent our questionnaire in for our next DE cycle that we are looking at May/June 2011. It is exciting to start thinking about again. We just finished all our preliminary testing and as soon as I have all the results I will be sending it in.

Is everyone still sending photos in when requesting a donor? We did last time but have not been asked this time. I would like to send a photo of myself, DH and DS for hopefully a close match. What all did you request in your donor? Unfortunately we cannot have the same donor. It is scary knowing so little about the donor.

What protocol have you had for meds? Apparently there have been some changes since I cycled last.

·
Registered
167 Posts
herewegoagain003 said:
Bellabing, sorry to hear you are going through this right now. I also had 2 OE cycles that the eggs took longer to mature. There is always hope, so hang in there.

We were successful with our 1st DE cycle. It was a difficult decision to make to move to DE but do not have unlimited resources of money and time.

I just sent our questionnaire in for our next DE cycle that we are looking at May/June 2011. It is exciting to start thinking about again. We just finished all our preliminary testing and as soon as I have all the results I will be sending it in.

Is everyone still sending photos in when requesting a donor? We did last time but have not been asked this time. I would like to send a photo of myself, DH and DS for hopefully a close match. What all did you request in your donor? Unfortunately we cannot have the same donor. It is scary knowing so little about the donor.

What protocol have you had for meds? Apparently there have been some changes since I cycled last.
Hi ladies this donor match query sort of ties in with concerns I've got. Never had IVF never mind DEIVF and just really afraid 'our match' will be nothing like me or DH. Funnily enough I've just posted a separate thread about this and hoping I'll get some feedback and advice. Just hope no one feels offended by my post but having never ever been to CZ dont even know what their donors colourings/characteristics etc.

Just feeling little confused... and I blame my blooming clinic which done our initial testings for the delays causing me to get jittery. Who'd have thought it would be problematic with UK Clinic and yet seemingly great with CZ Clinic? Maybe thats why we're choosing treatment in Gennet because of the great feedback! Sorry if I'm rambling bit tonight :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bellabing - also following you on WOL, sure you can guess who I am  :)

Just wanted to say that with my 3rd IVF, I only had 3 mature eggs collected (and got a BFP) and on the 4th I only had 4 mature eggs. I'm not a "big producer" either, but that doesn't necessarily matter. Even if you only have half a dozen good follies, please try and persuade them to do the EC (I think Gennet would) because you really don't need many. I know the rest is desperately boring, but try and take it easy, think positively, and will those little eggies to grow!

Re: donor eggs. Not sure if this is much help to anyone, but I live in Prague and obviously spend a lot of time with Czech people. Frankly, they don't really have any particularly "Czech" or "Central European" physical characteristics - like anyone else, they're tall/short, thin/fat, blonde/brunette - so I wouldn't imagine, from a looks point of view, that it would be any different from using donor eggs in the UK. I don't know how much choice you will have in terms of precise hair/eye colour, but I would very much doubt that anyone would recognise your future babe as being "czech looking". Hope that makes sense!!

TM xxx

1 - 20 of 825 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.