Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone! My husband and I have our consultation with Dr Alexander on 16th March. I’m excited and terrified in equal measure - this is it, this is our chance! I’ve had concerns about going with GEST because it’s almost as if my heart is ruling my head - I do think there are “better” clinics in terms of success rates etc. but the customer service is great and I really like the “Maximum with FET Guarantee” package - seems to give a good chance of success.

Is anyone else having their first consultation soon . . . ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Ziggyfairy

I just wanted to share that almost exactly a year ago I had my consultation with Dr.Alexander, and on march 3 my sweet baby girl Mayzie was born. I am only sharing as I know right where you are in your feelings. I hope this post is ok, I just want to help those who are having a hard time deciding, have hope. She is my dream come true and I hope you can find yours as well. As far as success rates go, I say go with your heart and gut to decide where to go. I was originally going to Brno with clinic Reprofit but then I came across Praga Medica website with GEST clinic and I knew then that was where I was supposed to go. It is really easy to go back and forth and to second guess your decision. The thing is, once your baby is born, you don't wonder.. what if I would have gone with the other clinic. Afterwards you only know what you have and see. So if you feel good about even one thing go with it. Good luck and I hope that I helped even if just a little bit. I wish you all the best! <3

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hey Ziggyfairy Just jumping on to say  you will be in great hands with Praga Medica. They are absolutely fantastic, I also had Dr Alexander  and I now have my gorgeous 2yr old and 4 Yr old thanks to them. Good luck with whatever clinic you opt for.
Bubblebean, congratulations on your beautiful baby girl

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh thank you so much for the happy stories, ladies - and congratulations! I hope I come back on here in a year’s time to reassure another hopeful woman that GEST is a good choice!

We fly to Prague tomorrow and I’m giddy with excitement and nerves!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi there, im also at praga medica on 16thMarch(today) i’m the for our 2nd attempt the first was a fresh cycle which failed, so this is a FET. We have had a good experience with Praga Medica although no baby yet... i’m hoping this is our time for a child... have you attend today??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thankyou for sharing your story with us, it makes it so much easier to hear of a successful transfer first hand, im hoping and praying like mad that it works this time, my age is against us and financially it’s draining not to mention the rollercoaster ride we’ve been on for almost a year with praga... Can i ask was your transfer fresh or frozen and did you fall pregnant first time, i know they say by the 3rd attempt you have a 90% chance of pregnancy not sure if thats with fresh or frozen though🤔

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ziggyfairy we may have been at praga at the same time as i was there for transfer on the 16th!!! How did you get on?? Hope they answered all yr questions you had...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone - oh wow, Goldilocks, how are you? I hope it went well! I didn’t see any other couples at the clinic on the day but I did see two women by themselves; I thought perhaps they might be donors. Was your partner with you for transfer? And I’m guessing you’ll be testing next week? GOOD LUCK!

Our time at GEST went well I think - so far so good, anyway. They’ve given me a treatment plan and embryo transfer will be at the end of May or the start of June - which seems very far away  :-[

One thing I thought was a bit weird was that Dr Alexander examined me and did the ultrasound with my husband there - I genuinely don’t know why that threw me, but it did  ;D

I need to get my head into better shape - I feel very negative and pessimistic about the whole thing . . .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi ziggyfairy... i’m ok i did a test 2 days ago a clear blue digi but came up not pregnant that was difficult to see, I know it’s still very early for me to test but up until then i was feeling extremely positive that i may be pregnant but not feeling that now... got another week to go before i can be sure.
Don’t worry about the examination i had that too with my hubby present think they just do things differently there than bk in the uk. It will pass so quickly you will be in June in no time at all,its such exciting times and i feel yr in good hands at praga!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Goldilocks and Ziggyfairy, I wish you both the success and hope your journey to motherhood is a short one and you will have your longed for baby in your arms soon.

We have all been where you are, I have been with Praga Medica since our journey to Egg donor stated in 2013 and I can not recommend them more highly.

I was with Dr Monika Polakova, she was amazing and I always felt comfortable and in good hands.

My signature will show you what our journey has been and it took the 3rd transfer to result in my now 3.5yo Daughter.

she is a blessing and we are forever grateful, I am now expecting twins due in August.

goodluck

·
Registered
185 Posts
How’s everyone doing? I can’t believe my sweet little Alex is now nearly 10 weeks old and not so little any more! He has his first set of vaccines tomorrow and we will find out how much he weighs etc. I’m betting over 10.5lbs. The kid is chunking up! I’m still not fully recovered from my c section/hematoma trauma but overall life is good. The spring has finally sprung here! I don’t know how to attach a recent photo?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone, hope you are all well and feeling strong.

I’m just waiting for my period to start so I can begin taking the oestrogen - typically, no sign yet, so I’m getting anxious. Egg collection is scheduled from 20th May onwards so embryo transfer (if all goes to plan) will be from 24th onwards.

I’m terrified and hate waiting - I just want it to be the end of May already!

Is anyone else heading to Prague this month?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi ladies. My first post here.
We are hoping to travel to Prague in July. Skype consultation tomorrow.
We will be using DD - I believe this is called embryo adoption.
I am 46, and we had given up TTC 2 years ago. After 5 year trying & 5 miscarriages. I’ve never got past 8wks. The problem lies with me, the miscarriages have occurred over 2 marriages. And no cause has ever been found.
I have a prolactinoma - for which I take bromocriptine. And Prolactin levels are now normal.

BUT a friend (19 years TTC & 9 miscarriages) has recently had success at Praga Medica. So we have decided to have one last roll of he dice. And give IVF a chance. We choose DD so that biologically the child is neither of ours. And to make to process speedier/easier.

Is anyone else cycling soon?
Any advice guidance for a complete IVF newbie?
Any recommendations for extra’s to add to this cycle?
Any questions I should be asking?

And a general hello to any ladies who want to share their experiences ^hello^

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hey Rainbowendings,  just want to wish you all the luck in the world and reassure you that you will be in great hands with Gest, Praga Medica team.
After many years of unsuccessful treatments and a miscarriage,  I now have my long awaited family and have a healthy 4 and a half and a 3 year old thanks to them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone - I’m just dipping in to see if anyone is around . . .

I had my embryo transfer with Dr Alexander yesterday. We have two beautiful day 5 expanded blasts so I’m praying they’ll hang in there and keep developing normally. Unfortunately we had none to freeze, which is upsetting as the numbers looked good - thirteen eggs, twelve fertilised, on day 4 we had five excellent embryos but then overnight we lost three. But still, quality is better than quantity, right?

And we did the FET Guarantee package so I think the clinic has to produce at least one more transferable embryo for us. I’m hoping against hope we won’t need it though.

I’m currently dandering around the shopping centre near the apartment I stayed in, killing time before I get my taxi to the airport. Would love to hear from anyone who is going to, or has been to, GEST recently.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ziggyfairy, I wish you the best of luck!
I’m really looking forward to ear your good news !  Stay positive, miracle do happens ! My 6 months is snoring by my side just now :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Keep us posted ! Sending you good vibes ++++xx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi everyone,
I met with dr Alexander the other day. I was feeling quite nervous initially but he put me at ease. We’re going for FET two donor embryos on my next cycle in July. I’m just not sure what to do about the transfer. I’ve always had ultrasound guided which isn’t something they routinely do here. I have a retroverted uterus. So I’m in two minds..do I let them do it blind as it’s something they do every day or do I ask for it to be ultrasound guided which they might be less practiced at...what did everyone else have done?

81 - 100 of 115 Posts