Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy Girls, dr has prescribed me gestone because my progesterone levels have been decreasing. Any advice on how best to be stabbed? My dh has already accepted, but it is the first time...  :-[

Thanks, Aless

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi Aless

My Dh does this for me no bother. My top tip is to get him to practice injecting a syringe of olive oil into a piece of meat. Sounds weird but the olive iol is thick and gooey like gestone so the feeling is v similar to gestone (ie it's quite hard to inject and takes longer than you would think). Also using meat eg chicken fillet or a piece of pork is a muscle, just like your bum, so it feels similar too, although there's less fat....

Also he will feel much more confident about doing the first jab inyou if he has felt what it's like somewhere 'safe' beforehand.

In terms of technique - hold the syringe with gestone in it in your hand tightly for a few minutes before he injects it - this warms it up and makes it go in easier, and less painfully. Top tips: the faster the needle goes in the less painful it is. The slower the gestone oil is injected the less painful. The quicker the needle is removed the less painful. Any wiggling of the needle during the injection hurts so he needs to hold it steady with one hand while injecting the gestone with the other. He should press firmly on the injection site after the needle comes out (using atissue/ cotton wool) as sometimes some oil runs out and it is smelly and sticky.

The site of the injection should be the upper, outer quadrant of your buttock. Imagine a line going from the crack of your bum across to your hip/love handle area. Divide this line in half, and the injection should go in the outer of these 2 areas. Similarly, divide the crack of your bum in half, the injection should be above this line.

My practice nurse has just said to tell you- get him to grab you by the hip (as if having sex from behind --her phrase not mine!) and do the injection near where his thumb is, at about the level of the top of your bum crack!

Gosh, I hope some of that helped. It would be easier if I could do a diagram for you. I would suggest you get your practice nurse to show him the first one if he's worried about the above scary details!! They will be happy to teach him.

Good luck!

Kate

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hi Aless
My Dh did the jabs for me and believe me I was bricking it but we actually sprayed some freeze on it (the ones what the sports players use) damn good couldn't feel a thing.My nurse told me anyway that you would only feel the pin prick of the needle which calmed me down anyway.The gestone jabs are much better then the cyclogest.
Good luck

Love Georgia
xx

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Georgia, you are an ANGEL  :-* :-* I'll print your instructions so as my dh has them when he is back from work. I have heard so many scary stories from gestone, that I was quite afraid... Sorry, what is a "practising nurse"?? I am not british  :-[ The nurse at the clinic gave me a diagram, so with that and your comments, I hope we'll do it...
Love and thanks, aless

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Hi Aless
Hope all went well last night and your bums not sore lol
Love Georgia
xx

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Georgia and Kate,
Everything was FANTASTIC, many thanks. I've never thought that I would be happy to be stabbed by my dh. It didn't hurt a bit!
Love, a

1 - 6 of 6 Posts