Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I am not messing up a new sorted board by posting this in the wrong place. If I am then I am sorry.

I just wanted opinions as to if you think gestone & cylogest actually help with implantation rather than
  just keeping an implanted embie in the right place ??

Thank you
                  & apologies if this is in the wrong place after all the work you have done mods  :)

Katy. xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I know you've said you don't want any personal opinions on whether you should use them but FF can not be seen to be supporting/condoning self medication so I'm afraid I will have to say that I think you must speak with your consultant before using them.

Gestone & cyclogest are a form of progesterone.  In a natural cycle, following ovulation, the corpus luteum would release progesterone which prepares the womb lining for possible implantation and supports early pregnancy until placenta takes over.

With IVF you don't have the natural ovulation so you don't get the same corpus luteum(s) releasing progesterone which is why you need the additional support.

So in answer to your question, progesterone, whether natural or from supplement, will prepare womb lining and support pregnancy if it occurs.....but not really sure why you need to take additional support if you're ttc naturally.....unless you've been told that you have particularly low progesterone levels and a luteal phase defect.

I would be very cautious of taking prescribed meds without first speaking with your consultant to get their professional advise...something none of us can do.

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Natasha,

I have altered my question.

Good luck for testing  :) ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Katy. xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts

My response stays the same though  ;) as any progesterone does both ie prepares womb lining and supports early pg......not sure why you'd need it on a natural cycle unless you specifically have issues with progesterone levels and LPD.

Take care
Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts