Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls

Im 5 weeks 5 days and been doing gestone injections as progesterone support since egg collection and my bum is getting so so sore now. My hubby thinks that he has to inject in the top part of the bum all the time so we are running out of places to inject and tonite im sure he injected in a lumpey part from before cos is absultely killed - im happy to do this as I believe this is what has helped my with BFP this time but can you inject anywhere in the bum? I thought all the bum was muscle?

Any advice be really great

xxxxx

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi,

Congrats on your bfp.  When on gestone and DH doing injections, we were told to imagine that each bum cheek had a plus symbol on it so it is divided into 4, and only inject in the top outside part of the symbol.  The clinic also said to alternate cheeks each time we did an injection.  Does that make any kind of sense?  It's the best way i can think of to explain it, without trying to draw a diagram!! 

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Hi there - as others have said, you need to inject in the outer quadrant of either bum cheek.  You can also inject in your thigh but I've heard that can be quite painful  :-\
I've found that using a loofah (quite aggressively) in the shower the next day and/or a mint scrub on the bum cheeks help break down the lumps.  I also massage arnica oil as soon as I'm out of the shower while my skin is still warm and so far, so good my derriere isn't too sore.

I hope this helps somewhat.

All the best!
x

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hiya hun

We had gestone injections up to week 12 of my pg before tapering them off, so I can completely empathise with the sore bum cheeks!! ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Like Pickle says though, you can only inject in the top outer section of each cheek - definitely alternate, although if you find one cheek is much more lumpy than the other, give it a rest for an extra day or so and go in on the other side for that day. My clinic said you can also inject in the mid outer part of your thigh - I was a bit desparate at 1 point! - but I didn't in the end because that is apparently more painful as you use your leg muscles a lot more.

What I did find gave some relief was alternating a hot and cold compress on the site after the injection - I bought a nexcare gel pack which you can either keep in the fridge or heat up in the microwave - the heat one especially made it a little more comfy.

The other thing was my DP would poke the area before he injected to find the least lumpy/painful part (sometimes this was near impossible to be fair to your DH if he is struggling!!).

I hope this helps and hang in there - I know it is not very nice but its totally worth it!! ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Love, Dolphin x x x

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for you replies and advice  :)

My bum is getting sorer but not every injections hurts, sometimes I dont  feel anything! and others It kills! I have developed a rash on both cheeks to around the injection sites and its pretty itchy! im off to the clinic today to get it looked at and im also still really bloated..

xxxxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts