Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been trying for a baby for 6 years, I'm now at the top of the waiting list for ivf, starting to get nervous.

is this normal?

what are the effects of the drugs they give you?

does ivf hurt?

if anyone can help, give me some idea of what to expect i would be very very grateful.  ^pray^

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Being nervous is totally normal in your situation, you have waited so long and now its here !!

Have you had any treatment at all.. i.e. clomid IUI etc

The drugs are not so bad, i have hot flushes and headaches, but on the whole it was fine really  ^hugme^

The ivf procedure does not hurt, its a little uncomfortable, I have af type pains after but that was all, not as bad as I had worked myself up into believing at all ! and i was awake during my egg collection, which was fine, and will be next time too I hope

where are you having your treatment ?

Andrea x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have only been treated with clomid and metformin, they think the only way i will have a baby is if i have ivf thats y they didn't give me the option of iui.

i am having my treatment at ivf wales (caru)

thankyou for putting my mind at rest  ^hugme^

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Hiya

I have had metformin and clomid too !! and the side effects of them were worse than the ivf drugs  ^bigbad^, so you should be fine

I am at IVF wales too.. when do you go etc, have you been to the open evening

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
been at (carw) 18 months, i haven't been to the open evening yet, what do they do at the open evenings if you dont mind me asking  :)

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Hiya

The show you a little slide show of what happens during the ivf and then Janet Evans is there, some nurses and an embryologist to answer any questions you may have, and you ring the next day for your starting appointment (mine was a week later  :eek:)

Where are you from chally x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
near caerphilly

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi

I'm about to start tx for the first time, so i know how you're feeling.  ^idiot^

You should pop over to the fertility friends IVF Wales clinic board  - there's lots of ladies there who'll give you loads of help and info, they're all a bit mad  ;D

Moth x

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Moth !!!  ;D ;D ;D  do you think we are LOL !!!! come on over chally its great x

·
Registered
447 Posts
Popsi, you know you're all  ^idiot^  But don't be scared, Chally! It's a friendly 'thread'!  ;D

;D Moth x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thankyou i feel a bit  ^idiot^ maybe i should join you lol

·
Registered
447 Posts
we can all go  ^idiot^ together!

I've got my open evening next wednesday at the heath, - send me a pm next week if you want to ask anything.

Moth x

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thankyou i will pm you if you don't mind, is this your first treatment?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes, my first and probably my only treatment (as will be 42 this year)  :eek:  So, bit worried about how many eggs i'll manage to muster up and weather they'll be of good quality.  :-\ But who knows what'll happen once i start down this bumpy ivf road!

Pm me any time  :)

Moth x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts