Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tomy monitor battery has gone AGAIN and I am going to replace it with another monitor as new ones are 15 quid. I had 2 monitors and the main one battery kept going and the other cheaper one has so much interference that you can hardly hear anything else.

Ok so this kids are older but the walls here are thick and with them sharing a room they are up to mischief quite a bit  ::)

can anyone recommend a cheapish one, I dont want to spend loads as its not worth it for the time I will use it.  Mothercare availability if possible!

many thanks x

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hi hon :)I have a Fisher Price Lights and Sounds monitor - I just checked and it is available at Mothercare (£25, think I paid £20 for mine at Argos) there is one review on there which isn't great, but I always got on well with mine, is simple to use and just does what it is supposed to do :) You need batteries for the monitor itself, the parent unit has a plug. Hope that helps! xx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks hon I did peek at that one but wasnt sure....I dont need it to be all singing all dancing but just need to replace the one I have!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Well if you don't want an all-singing all-dancing one then this is definitely one to go for!

We have used it both here at home, where the walls are not too thick and bedroom next to living room, and equally well at MIL's bungalow, where the walls are thicker and the bedroom is several rooms away, with no problems :)

xxxxx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great thanks will see if they have one!

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Depends how much you want to spend honey, but I 'replaced' my rubbish, broken, Tomy one (I say 'replaced' because I managed without it for over a year!) with a brilliant BT digital one. I only got it because I wanted to be able to sit out in the garden in the summer evenings, and the transmission is amazing, I can hear her breathe from miles away ;D My Tomy would never have coped. Also I can put it on the landing between the two children's rooms and then I can hear if DS is up to mischief.

I didn't want all singing all dancing for the same reasons as you, but the sound quality was important and the ability to take it a reasonable distance from her room without getting interference, and to use it similarly in other locations, relatives' houses, etc, which meant I went for digital - on recommendation from many other FFers. They weren't wrong!
Although I thought I wouldn't use a monitor for long, I am still using it as it means I can sit outside or stay in unfamiliar places and still hear them if they get up and start wandering around - very handy.

Claire x

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts