Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
feeling really low at the moment and cant see a way out.we've been ttc for 3yrs have 2 older children,found a cyst and was told it could be removed by lab(cant remember what its called) and could check for endo,scarring after csection got a phonecall to say they would just scan me in 4months and it was harmless and now waiting to hear if theres any chance.i get a lot of pain and would like to know whats wrong.i'm just getting nowhere i cant imagine it ever happening and i dont know where to turn,i just want to cry and cry i thought i might actually get somewhere and i feel really sad,just needed a place to get it out.felt so sad for so long and cant see it getting better,this whole ttc lark really really sucks :'( 

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Didn't want to read and run hun. Sounds like you need a big  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ and maybe that big cry will do you the world of good.  ^hugme^

It was probs a laporoscopy they were talking about - I just had that procedure this summer to remove what looked to be a simple cyst from an ovary - it had been there since before I got pregnant with our son.  Turns out it wasn't sinister, thank goodness, but it was significantly larger than the ultrasounds had shown (so much so it turned the op into a laparotomy) and all entangled with a fallopian tube, which they had to take out during the process. They managed to keep both ovaries tho which is the main thing.  They did a thorough scout around in there (back to the laparoscopy bit) and cleaned out 4 or so large polyps from my uterus... turns out I may have been getting pregnant but there was nowhere 'welcoming' for a fertilised egg to implant... 

Anyway, I don't want to waffle about me... the point of me sharing is that, long story short, you may want to get that scan they're offering but maybe ask for it to be brought forward to ease your stressed mind.  Or press them for the procedure regardless of what they recommend.  I just know that scans don't always show half of what's going on in there (e.g. my 5cm simple cyst turned out to be the size of your hand with entanglements) and the only way to be sure is to look and remove what needs removing. Just speaking from my own experience, I'd make sure they do a transvaginal too and check you thoroughly for polyps etc. Mind, my procedure was mid-Aug and I was hoping to have that elusive BFP by now, especially with a nice shiny 'new' uterine lining.... no luck yet (my son who took 2 years to hit the jackpot with is now 2 1/5 years old...).  Clomid added to the mix this month so fingers crossed.

Can you get to speak with your consultant?  I don't know what they think is going to change fertility-wise in 4-months when you've had 3 years without luck.  :-\  Do you mind me asking how old you are?  I'm 35 so my ob/gyn thankfully was on board for doing it sooner rather than later. Definitely worth having the chat with them if you can.

Loads of luck with it all hun.  I hope you get some peace of mind and forward movement very soon.
^hugme^  again.
Trip xx

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for your help it sounds like you've been through a lot.i had a scan after complaining of pain for about a year and being told i was unexplained and given clomid which i took once and had the worst pain ever so decided not to continue,since then i was sure that something was wrong,finally had scan in october which showed a cyst and i really wanted it removed and ideally found out if anything else is wrong,as some months i feel like i may concieve but then i get a really bad ripping pain which no-one can explain and af follows a few days later.now i'm waiting to hear if theyll do the  surgery after looking at my case again just got to keep trying as i really feel its not going to happen until things get sorted out,gut instinct has always been thats theres something wrong.i'm 29 started ttc at 26,had my dd at 16,ds at 21 and feel like i'm getting older and older and getting nowhere.
i hope you get some luck soon maybe its just a matter of a little time.take care fingers crossed for you xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.