Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,Please tell me im not going mad, but my whole life seems to be revolving around ttc.We have been trying for almost 20 months now.Although i did get pregnant 6 months ago i very sadly mc at 7 weeks since then i have become obsessed with getting pregnant again. 

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hiya Maude,

No you are definately not going mad.  I think so many of us have let ttc and tx take over our lives as we so desperately want to have babies.  I'm sorry to hear about your m/c.  You didnt say whether you have seen your GP or started down the route of tests to try to find out why you havent got pg again.

Welcome to FF - I'm sure you will find a lot of support, friendship, advice and information here and I hope it helps you.

All the best,

Love Olwen xxx

·
Registered
3 Posts
no your not getting obsessed. me and my fiance have been trying to get pregnant for a year now only to be told that he is not producing any sperm what so ever. feel like my whole world is crumbling around me and wondering if i'll ever get pregnant. i know how you feel. am really sorry to hear of your mc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Maude,

I know exactly what you mean.  when I first decided to come off the pill, I wasn't too concerned at falling pregnant (can hardly believe that, now).  But I eventually got pg after 6 months, only to lose it almost immediately (5 weeks) - guess you could say I hardly even pregnant.  That's what everyone tells me.  But I know what I felt after those positive tests - It was the happiest week of my life.  anyho - like you, I've been unable to get pg again (1 year on).  We've just begun to have our fertility tested and I'm terrified.
I understand exactly how you feel - I've been obsessed since the mc, too.  I feel like a failure and family and friends are getting pg everywhere I look!  It's so hard to be happy for them - although rationally I'm ecstatic and pleased for them - irrationally I'm as jealous as hell.  It's even worse when they assure you (that classic gem) - IT'LL HAPPEN!!! - (ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH  LOL)

I've got my fingers crossed for you Maude x Take care,
And welcome to FF (I;m new too and this site looks like a godsend),
Shelley xx

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Shelley

You are definately in the right place for help and support and to feel more normal! I had the 5 week m/c also and it was just the pits. It really alters things once you have been even a little bit pregnant and seems to make it even harder coming to terms with ttc. Saying that my consultant said to me that the prognosis for the future is definately more positive because I did at least conceive so I keep trying to cling onto that. You were pregnant and you will be again ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

love
Jules xx

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Hi Maude

Nope, you're not going mad!  I think we all feel obsessed, some a little some a lot.  Life at the moment revolves around 2 week cycles, af to ovulation, then the 2WW.

This website is so helpful and supportive, I wish you all the best and welcome to FF

Best wishes

Niki x ^reiki^

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone for replying to my message,it is so nice to have other people to talk to who are going through the same thing.If anyone else says to me "dont worry it will happen" i will scream, how do they know its going to happen?.

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Maude
they don't know it's going to happen but they are hoping for you that it will, as everyone here on FF does.  Welcome to the site, it's full of information and support and it literally saved my sanity, I hope it helps you as much.

Take it easy and be kind to yourself.  It is easy to feel it runs your life - basically, even if you're trying not to count days in your cycle you do, every time your period's due you're hoping it's not coming, if it's a bit late you're all excited......etc etc.  You are talking to the queen of pregnancy tests - all of them done a few days before I was due every month so that when I came on I wouldn't be so devastated.........we have all felt and done things a little crazy here - so don't worry.

If you haven't already you should probably ask your GP if you can start investigations, just in case something is stopping you getting pg or staying pg.  Try and get time away with your partner too or take some time out for a nice treat together so you don't feel too much like a baby's the only thing that can make you happy, you have each other too.

Best of luck, and take care,
Claire x

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hi Maude, We were convinced that our treatment was going to be ICSI, however we have recently found out that my DP has no ^sperm^. So now we are going to use a donor which was a big decision for us both.

So dont worry about thinking your going mad because i lost the plot months ago and think about nothing else but pregancy and children. I have also shed loads of tears in particular when you find out someone else is pregnant. It feels like it will never be your turn.

Sending you lots of  ^reiki^.

Love Bronte x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.