Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have just had twin boys 5wks ago so this question is definitley NOT for me , but I have a friend who has a 5mth old little boy and although she didn't have tx she did have to try for 2yrs until she got pg.
As it took a while the first time she's going to start trying again now and I told her that now she's had 1 baby her body knows what to do so she might get pg quicker and I have hear that you can get pg again quite easily if you try soon after birth.
This is something that everyone seems to say but how true is it and if so how long does this extra fertile period last??
As her little boy is 5mths already has she missed this time.

Many thanks CJ (and friend Jo)

G

·
Hi CJ and friend!!!

I have a couple of friends who tried for many years (one for 10yrs who got preg naturally. The other with IVF. After the birth of their children they started trying straight away and got preg the first month again after giving birth as they thought it would take a long time again. I also have a friend who got preg one month after coming off the pill then it took them 18mths to conceive again. (she was 36 then) They started trying again after having child 1yr later. But this friend is 38. The others were younger, about early 30's. So I think it has alot to do with age!!!!

Although i'm not a nurse it may give you some insight. I was 37 when i conceived naturally after failed FET although I miscarried. We've been trying naturally since miscarriage in June unsuccessfully so far. (I'm now 38)

Hope this is some help!!! Congrats on both your births and good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts