Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter, Really do not know if you will be able to help me. First a quick introdution. I am 34 and have had 2 miscariages aged 18 and 26, both these ended fairly early on. Miscariages do run in my family. I have B neg rh blood. I have just failed my first icsi attempt. I have got bocked tubes. I have mild endo. The whole process went really well, I had 9 eggs and 8 fertilised. I then had 2 X 4 cell embies put back in. Then it all went wrong. I know you have heard this all before!! Well I was doing well until 8 days post ET when I knew I was no longr pregnant. Boobs went flat, tummy also flatened and after a few more days I went into normal pre af feelings. After 2 days of af I had 2 Lumps come out of me (sorry) these were not just lumps of blood but had pale skin coloured parts and were very stringy. I am sure these were my embies.....making me think that they had actually implanted but had died. Now I realise that this cold be normal but as I have already suffered 2 early m/c's I am certain that I have a problem.
Now down to my question.......is there any tests I could have that could check out why they are not progressing past the early pregnancy stage.

Kind Regards

Gina ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
856 Posts
GinaAnn said:
Hi Peter, Really do not know if you will be able to help me. First a quick introdution. I am 34 and have had 2 miscariages aged 18 and 26, both these ended fairly early on. Miscariages do run in my family. I have B neg rh blood. I have just failed my first icsi attempt. I have got bocked tubes. I have mild endo. The whole process went really well, I had 9 eggs and 8 fertilised. I then had 2 X 4 cell embies put back in. Then it all went wrong. I know you have heard this all before!! Well I was doing well until 8 days post ET when I knew I was no longr pregnant. Boobs went flat, tummy also flatened and after a few more days I went into normal pre af feelings. After 2 days of af I had 2 Lumps come out of me (sorry) these were not just lumps of blood but had pale skin coloured parts and were very stringy. I am sure these were my embies.....making me think that they had actually implanted but had died. Now I realise that this cold be normal but as I have already suffered 2 early m/c's I am certain that I have a problem.
Now down to my question.......is there any tests I could have that could check out why they are not progressing past the early pregnancy stage.

Yes, if possible you could get chromosomal studies done on any miscarriage material. This will at least tell you if the genome of the fetus is normal.

Peter

Kind Regards

Gina ??? ??? ???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts