Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody

I attended a meeting back in 2002 and I know the basics.  Can you correct me if I am wrong.

Date for initial meeting.

Social worker assigned.

Social worker comes to home for visit

Social worker does home assements

Assements on each other 

Goes to panel

Panel meets to approve

Await match

Is this right, and takes approx 6 months?  It it any different from Scotland to England and Wales?

My DH and I have came a long way since 2003 because at that time he would not even consider adoption he did not even come to the meeting but how time changes us.

It will be good to get to know you all.

Thank you

Ali

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ali

The only things missing in your list is the prep course.  But judging by most people's experience on here, you'll be lucky if it takes 6 months.  Government targets are 8 months from start to panel and then there's the wait for the right match.

If you have a look on the general thread "Looking to Start or Going Through Adoption"  you will find many people who have been or are going through adoption.  Most of us post on there with our regular news.

Good luck and glad dh has had a change of heart.

Karen x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi Ali

Just wanted to say hello & welcome, hope all goes well for you.

I've adopted 2 children & it's the best thing we ever did!

Good luck

Superal :)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Ali,

I read your reply to my post and can't believe you are considering adoption too.

It will be great to share your journey with you. 

Laine x

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Ali

Like Karen says 6 months is generally the quickest possible time but I think most of us on the thread have averaged 8-12 months from starting out (feel free to shout at me if I got this wrong guys) although there are always the exception to this and it has unfortunately taken a bit longer for a couple of people.
Hope that helps

Morgana x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.