Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered what you ladies have tried and found worked?

I've got the most chronic cold which has been here for 4 days now - and yesterday and today I have one of those noses which just WON'T stop streaming and it's so sore from wiping it.  My eyeballs ache, and I've lost my appetite because of all the rubbish in my throat (grim, I know).

I've tried honey and lemon but frankly I find it yukky as I don't like honey much, plus I don't really have a sore throat it's more of a streaming nose type cold.  I've also tried inhaling menthol crystals from the chemist which clears my head a bit but it's very short lived.

My mother isn't helping (bless her  ::) ) as she keeps calling me and flapping (really flapping) about me not yet having the flu vaccine.  My surgery says I can't have it when I have a cold but thats not good enough for her, and she keeps fussing saying I really should insist on having it now and that armageddon is approaching and we're all going to end up with swine flu (just what you want to hear eh? - I appreciate how bad it is, but they won't let me have the vaccine before next week earliest).

I just feel like pants and wondered if anyone else had any useful tips for dealing with colds - non-pregnant and I'd have had a hot curry, couple of very stiff drinks, a steaming hot bath and sweated it out - hmmmm!! I have to think of alternative!!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Hiya,

I've got a cold too although dont think it is as bad as yours,  ^hugme^

I had the swine flu jab yesterday once they had checked that I didn't have a fever- if your temperature is normal I think it is ok, well that's what my GP said- but then I really haven't been too ill just runny nose and sound worse than I am, I also got scared by all the hype and having turned it down on thursday- went back in, My GP was very relaxed saying that they only got the strong guidance on friday so tell your Mum that- ( our practice nurse who is also preg only had it yesterday)

You can take paracetamol safely if you aren't already ( just not ibuprofen and decongestants)

I would also say a hot-ish bath- would be ok, I'm having lots now ( but didn't early on) I think that's more of an issue before 12 weeks,
I would also just rest a lot and drink loads

Hope you get better soon,

Livity K

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm totally with you Blue Skies, I currently have a horrid cough that makes me gag & temperature that's knocked me for 6. NHS told me to take paracetamol last night but otherwise like you I feel helpless to help our little sprout that must be cooking in there.

Hope you feel better soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.