Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting to you all, we are on our last chance at doner IVF, and would be happy to chat to anyone going through, or contemplating the same. We have had our fair share of dissapointment on the way, and hope to have a happy ending. If there`s anything I can share with you that helps your journey, then maybe something positive can come out of what we`ve been through.
All the best to you all.
Carlos :)

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hell Carlos, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

Please do tell us a bit more about your situation? Are you needing donor egg or donor sperm?

There is a section on FF for those needing donors to become parents which you may find helpful:

Donor sperm/eggs ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join others having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

And you should also check out the general New member FAQ here:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck and a BFP! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Caz,
                We are about 12 weeks into a donor cycle, and as I said, this is probably going to be our last chance. The last year has been unbelievable, from finding out on Valentines day 2007 thatw e couldn`t have our ow, to finding a donor, to losing our first attempt, to our current stage.
  We are having trouble finding antenatal classes, our hospital run them every Weds morning which we can`t make as we both work full time, and the NCT ones are mailny at weekends, and again, I have to work. My GP doesn`t know of any others, any suggestions? I`ve tried a google search, with not much joy.

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello again Carlos, I am sorry are you already pregnant? I thoguht you were about to start a cycle but, from your post you sound like you've had a successful attempt recently! In which case many congratulations!

I took NCT classess and they were done in the evenings so, if you contact the NCT you might be able to find a nearby froup that hold them one evening a week instead. Or, there's an intensive course you can do where you do 4 hours each over 2 days (usually a weekend but it's onlt over one or two not 8). I would imagine you could arrange something with your employers if you give them plenty of notice and explain the situation.
You could always ask the folks who chat in the Bun In The Oven section for some advice. I am sure someone there would be able to advise you as to where else you can get the information you need:

Bun In The Oven ~ CLICK HERE

C~x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts