Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been told early in my pregnancy that I will need to have a glucose test at 28 weeks because I have PCOS and am pregnant with triplets I am at higher risk. Last week there was some glucose in my urine my midwife said to have the test next week. She said not to eat anything from 9pm the day before but I can drink water. At 6.30 am I will have to drink 400ml Lucozade then have the bloodtest at 8.30 am. After that I can eat.
I read about this test in NHS publications and it says that I would need to have a baseline bloodtest before I have the sugary drink then bloodtest 2 hours after and if necessary 3 hours after again.
Is my midwife right in telling me how to do it?It seems much less professional and to be honest I am not sure that it is the right way to go about it.
Could you share your thought on the subject please?
Thank you very much!

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

It does seem unusual to the way that I have known it done in other hospitals, I have always known people to have the baseline test, then a carefully measured sugary drink, lucozade or alternative, and then to stay in the unit for two hours and another blood test. It may just be a different way in your hospital, burnyou could ring the antenatal clinic and just check to make sure,

Let me know how you get on,

Emilycaitlin xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.