Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im nearly one of them too!!!!!! Keep that seat warm for me.

Love Lou xxxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lynne - IVF - downreg 17.12, stims - 02.01
Laura - FET - downreg 19.12, HRT 07.01, ET 22.01?
Jen (Serafena) - IUI - Stims 29.12, scan 3.01
Sharon G - IVF - sniff 30.12
Elaine - FET - sniff 30.12 - scan 13.01
Clare - ICSI - sniff 31.12
Kim - FET - estrace 31.12
Sophie IVF - sniff 02.01
Deborah2 - IVF - sniff 06.01
Mel - IVF - beg Jan
Carolw - IVF - bcp's 24.12
SueMJ - ICSI - sniff 11.01
Lou - IUI - stims 12.01
Sam - IVF - stims 24.01
Louise - IVF 31.01
Jac - IVF - end Jan
Paula - ICSI - mid Jan
deborah - FET - end Jan
Oonagh - ICSI - end Jan
Wendy - IUI - end Jan
Vicky W - FET - beg Feb
blaenaubeauty - IVF -

Thanks Suel for the list x

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi all!

Am starting my first IUI this month - AF came two days early so my first stab was Sunday. Nobody told me how much it hurts!!! Although now I have had five, they do seem not to hurt quite as bad!! My first scan is tomorrow so please keep your fingers crossed for me!!

My poor DH does the injections for me so he can feel part of it all but he gets very worried about doing something wrong. I've told him it must be pretty foolproof else you'd have to go to the hospital for them but he's still nervous, bless him!!

Just one question - my first three we did in roughly the same place on my thigh and on Tuesday it felt as though (and sounded like!) there was plastic under the skin when I rubbed it - anyone else ever had this? We changed legs for the last two and the other one is fine now, but it was a bit weird for a while!!!

Good luck to everyone else on here too!!!

Jen xxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Jen,

Exciting stuff - All the best for your first scan tomorrow!

As far as the jabs hurting - they shouldn't really. The needles are so fine that really it's the anticipation of being jabbed that should be the worst bit! Perhaps you are not injecting yourself into a sufficiently 'fat' bit! Or are you not actually pinching a good bit of skin/fat before injecting? You may actually find (as hard as it may be to think of this!) by doing your own injections, you are more in control!

As far as your experience with injecting in the same place - I haven't come across this - However, I have always done my injections in different areas each day. My first couple of cycles I only ever did injections in the tops of my thighs, although I'd heard others saying doing them in your tummy is easier - I didn't think I could bare that. However, on my third cycle, I thought sod it - give it a go, did it in my tummy and never looked back (perhaps I have more to pinch there!).

Your dh should not worry about doing them wrong - as you say they are pretty foolproof - just make sure you have the air bubbles out (sometimes you may get such minute ones that are so stubborn and wont budge - I would not worry too much about these!).

Anyway, I'm waffling again - all the best,

love,

Sue :-* :-*

·
Registered
260 Posts
Happy Sniffing Sophie

Love Flo

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
afternoon everyone

happy new year to you all

thanks for the good luck messages - it really means a lot! Set my alarm for 7.30am this morning for the first sniff and then rewarded myself by going back to sleep for another 4 hours! Unfortunately I have to go back to work tomorrow which is going to be a huge shock to my system!

elaine - glad to hear AF has arrived and you are on your way. Good to hear that you've patched things up with your parents as well

jen - hope you are getting used to the horrid injections. I do them in my stomach - sometimes it hurts and other tiimes it doesn't. Anyway hope it's getting easier

paula - hope AF arrives soon so you know your dates

mel - how are you doing? I've lost track of whether you've started yet or not?

sue/lou - thanks for the lists! ;D

hope everyone else is doing OK

speak soon
Sophie
x

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
woppa - whereabouts do you live? it's raining here but I heard on the radio that's it's snowing on the M8? We're on the southside?

Sophiex

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi everyone my first day back at work today and it was abit of a culture shock to have to get up at 6:00 am, I wish we would have some snow in Essex instead of rain and then more rain.
I'm on day 3 of my sniffing now and I'm getting on ok although I don't like the taste it leaves at the back of your mouth (hope I'm doing it right?)
Hope everyone else is getting on ok
Love Clare xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi Clare

Yes i am sure you are doing it right. I too used to get a horrible taste in my mouth. I used to have a drink ready or as elaine(woppa) said and suck a sweet.

Good luck for your treatment your having it done where i had mine and they were lovely.

Love Kim :-*

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi Girls,

Just popped in to spread some ++ vibes! ;)

Everyone sounds very chirpy. Personally I think I have got S.A.D. after all this rain!

Hope no-one is flooded by the way? :( The road to our village is blocked the river has burst it's banks, fortunately I don't think any houses near enough to be flooded.

Elaine I can't believe you are sniffing already! It's a nightmare when you feel you have come so close to your dream and having to start all over again, but I'm really with you all the way on this one and won't be too far behind - hopefully! At least you haven't got all the stabbing etc this time..

Good luck back at work everybody, hope it's not too awful...the worst thing is you feel like you've never been away..! ???

Good luck everyone already cycling!

Love Vicky

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi all,

Gosh it's getting busy on here!! It's nice to have a big group of us going through it together. Fingers crossed for lots of positives next month. I'm still sniffing away (2 weeks now), but start the tablets on Tuesday - progynova, so I think it's big boobs to look forward to from what I've heard!?!

Vicky - I know what you mean about the SAD - I'm feeling a bit weepy today, could be SAD, but could be AF, or could be the synarel.........! Not sure - but living in Northern Ireland I think we get more than our fair share of rain anyway...... ???

Clare - I absolutely hate the taste of the synarel and it always seems to run down the back of my throat - yuk!

Sohie and Elaine - Snap!! I've been waking up at 8am every morning over Christmas, grabbing my bottle to have a quick sniff and then rolling over and going back to sleep! It's actually been quite a nice way to do it! Not looking forward to having to actually get up next week either!

Paula - keeping fingers crossed for you that AF comes when expected and you can get going again. Good luck!

Deborah and Mel - Any sign of AF yet? Mine has started sort of - but is being a bit slow if you know what I mean - she's obviously very reluctant at the moment.....

Jen - well done on the stabbing! I did mine in my tummy last time - I found it easier than my thigh (probably because I have more flab there!!)

Good luck to everyone who's sniffing or jabbing!

Love Laura

·
Registered
198 Posts
:)

Hi everyone!

Had my first scan today - I am on day six of stabbing gonal-f. I have 7 follicles getting ready which apparently is good? The nurse said to scan again on Monday and see how many are getting bigger, hopefully no more than three otherwise they'll abandon it :( I hope that having more than three out of this seven is unusual, I am a bit nervous!

Also, the nurse said to stab at the side of my leg, not on the top, which is different to what the nurse at the teach session recommended. I get so confused!!! You hear so many things from so many people!!

I am very nervous, in fact, change it from "a bit" - at the end of the day it is still down to nature how my body will react and the other thing I am worried about is she said if I was ready by Friday, they would tell me to do the HCG at the weekend ready for the treatment Monday, but hope I didn't ovulate early!! What's that all about? I thought they could control it??

Well I am happy that things seem to be progressing well - what has everyone else found if they've had seven follicles on Day 6 of injections??? I am a bit naiive about the whole thing at the moment!

Thanks everyone for being there just when I think I need you the most!!!

Jen x

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi everyone

Jen I'm new to this as well so I can't be any help but it all sounds like it's going well.

Hope everyone else is getting on ok with their sniffing and stabbing

Love Clare xx ::)

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Right,

^stupid^ I feel so so stupid, i need your help please, ???

Its definately shows i havnt done this is a long time, AF has arrived ^jumpin^ and i have to start sniffing on day 2, would you class day 2 as tomorrow or Sunday (as AF arrived this evening). ???

Silly question i know but i want to do this right and i feel like a complete novice. ???

Mel

x x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
There isnt anybody at the clinic.............trust my AF to turn up at an awkward time ::)

I will try them again tomorrow - i might be lucky ???

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Mel,

I'm going to give totally contradicting advice to what Elaine has just given.

I would say, irrespective of what time of day af shows - you would count that as day one! Otherwise what do you do when it arrives slap bang at mid-day?

At the end of the day - this isn't exact science and if you started sniffing 12 hours or so earlier or later than you should, it really is not going to make any difference! You're going to be doing plenty more sniffing yet!

As long as you are sure AF has arrived - go with it as day one! But if you do feel happier talking to someone from your Clinic, give them a call tomorrow - it can't hurt!

Hope I've not hindered here!

Yippppeeeeee Mels on her way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ;D ;D

Lots of love and miracle making wishes!

Sue :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Mel
I know I am talking to you at the moment as well, but I also think day 1 is today , so if it was me doing it I would sniff tomorrow.
Im so pleased you have started.........remember, you know where I am if you need me, night or day.
Love Jo
x x x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Thanks girls............

I know i should know all this but i feel a bag of nerves, ive just been telling Jo i want to cry (i think the 3 years of waiting has done something to my hormones) - i feel a bit emotional - sounds so stupid even to me but i am petrified, i just thank my lucky stars i have you guys.

I will phone the clinic in the morning (they may be there), if there not i will start sniffing tomorrow night it can hurt can it. I'm a complete pratt sometimes.

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mel

I also vote day 1 as today!!!!!! ;D Wow how exciting your nearly sniffing!!!!

Love Lou xx

G

·
Hi everyone. I know you are all freezing in the snow - but here (South Afrcia) we are having a very hot summer. Happy New year to you all and may 2003 be blessed with pregnancies for us all.

I down regulated on 17 Dec and started the stimulating injections yesterday. Will have a scan on Friday. Wish me luck.

Good luck to you all. This board is indeed inspirational.
Lynne

1 - 20 of 358 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.