Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

Am feeling very frustrated today, I just want to get started. Everything seems to take so long, I need paperwork from the hospital that my clinic wants before booking the initial consultation. The hospital are just being a joke and are really dragging things out, am getting so fed up with it all. I know it will be worth it in the end.  ;D I am trying to keep busy but TX seems to be on my mind constantly and am becoming a bit obsessed with ff, feel like I am cracking up to be honest.  ^idiot^

I know compared to a lot of lovely ladies on here I have barely started this emotional roller coaster but I am finding it hard to cope already. Everyone around me seems to be having babies and we are here waiting and waiting whilst some lazy consultant drags his feet over my chance to be a mummy.  :'(

Broody xxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,153 Posts
So sorry hun - I know exactly what it is like. ^hugme^

Between the NHS delays and my DH refusing to consider a donor, we had 4 years slip by - frustrated and sick - I cannot find any words to describe my despair. ^bigbad^ :'(

We waited the 13 weeks for an initial appointment after seeing the GP in 2005 and then 6-7 months between every appointment, every bit of the jigsaw after that. I was screaming inside.

Then to top it all we found out that my DH's testicular biopsy done on the NHS was done where there was no embryologist or cyropreservation facility - so even if they had found sperm they would not have been able to save it.

The best thing when you want notes is to phone the consultant's medical secretary. I don't know whether you have done this, but it is the only way. Be clear and say what you want, when you need it by and give your hospital number and date of birth in any contact.
If you get no joy within 2 weeks, ask your GP to obtain the reports for you. Your GP may already have a copy?

I would also recommend a book called ''Conquering Infertility'' by Alice Domar. It helps to sort out the feelings that go along with this journey and I wish I had read it at the beginning of this 10 year journey rather than only last year!

You will get there  ^hugme^

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi Broody,

Sorry you are on this rollercoaster journey.

It is very frustrating waiting to get treatment started, I agree that everything seems to take so long. It took us eighteen months from initial GP referral to starting our first tx.

It is difficult not to think about tx constantly but rest assured you are not alone. I was on FF all the time when I first discovered it and still come on every day. I find speaking to others who know what I am going through really helpful and everyone is so supportive.

I think the whole IF thing and tx makes us much more aware of pg women and babies and it's only natural to find this difficult to cope with, I don't know anyone in our situation who isn't affected to some degree by that. Does your clinic offer counselling at all? Some people find that alternative therapies help them to relax. I have found accupuncture, relaxation CD's and massage helpful for relaxation.

Please don't feel you are alone as there is so much support available on FF.

Good luck for you tx. Hope things get moving for you soon.

Lynn xx

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hi

I totally understand what you mean and sympathise. Ive been through GP, hospital , had all tests etc etc and been referred via NHS to fertility clinic. As nhs, my first appt there isnt for another 6 weeks and its killing me waiting. I havent even started and feel in complete limbo but also had 39th bday week or so ago so more than aware of time ticking away fast.

I have so many unanswered questions that I cant get answers to until mid april appt and its so hard to shut off until then. We cant make plans for weddings we been invited too , summer holidays etc until we know what happens next. Im not even sure if this all means weve been accepted or if there is a next stage of waiting for funding to come through . . .

Time does seem to be flying so thats one thing I guess. . .

Sorry to go on - alot of venting needed and so many of my friends really dont get it, they say dont worry, see what happens at appt - so much easier said than done  :mad:

I hope your journey gets a little easier . We are all here if you need to let off steam. x x x

·
Registered
167 Posts
broody23 said:
Hiya

Am feeling very frustrated today, I just want to get started. Everything seems to take so long, I need paperwork from the hospital that my clinic wants before booking the initial consultation. The hospital are just being a joke and are really dragging things out, am getting so fed up with it all. I know it will be worth it in the end. ;D I am trying to keep busy but TX seems to be on my mind constantly and am becoming a bit obsessed with ff, feel like I am cracking up to be honest. ^idiot^

I know compared to a lot of lovely ladies on here I have barely started this emotional roller coaster but I am finding it hard to cope already. Everyone around me seems to be having babies and we are here waiting and waiting whilst some lazy consultant drags his feet over my chance to be a mummy. :'(

Broody xxxxx
Oh dear I so feel your pain... we were told in Nov that chances of a natural pregnancy was almost nil due to high fsh and low amh. After lots of digging came to light that we did have an alternative route to adoption and IVF albeit with Donor Eggs was an alternative.

Due to my age (42 in May) we arent funded so basically we are just signing up for TX in Prague. But it took our local hopsital 2 months to get us copy results as every time we called they didnt seem to know their a*se from their elbow... then eventually billed us £14 for the results. Only finally collated almost everything and still hitting stumbling blocks.

Latest is DH's Heps (C & B) as local GUM Clinic basically refused to do this as no point with him being straight male??? But this is the final two peices to our jigsaw and clinic abroad said they wont proceed without these!?

Feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall :( Will we ever get there??

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Thanks for all your replies. I'm sorry that so many of you are stuck in the same situation. this waiting game is terrible, I think sometimes the nhs/clinic forget that it is our lives that are on hold. My consultant at the hospital has decided he would like to see me before he writes my letter, it is an unrelated problem to ivf but need a letter regarding the genetic side of things. I am so frustrated, I haven't seen him for ages because I have not needed to and now I have to wait for an appointment before I can get my letter from him. I hope the wait for an appointment isn't too long, if I haven't received it by next week I shall ring every day until it is sorted.

Hope everyone is ok and that you are making more progress than me. My GP said the gum clinic can't refuse to test you but haven't gone yet so will wait and see how we get on.

Broody xx

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi

I know how you feel and I am going private.. I have had a few occassions where we have had appointments just to give blood etc.. I feel everything is being dragged .. i was not able to start the meds as they said good friday would be the day when they would have to do the egg collection, but i have been told this is incorrect ..as this all depends on the scans .. now i have to wait until april to start the meds!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts